Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Random Rant thread

Options
  • 27-01-2005 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

OK I'm sure that there are many things we like and dislike about glorious Belfield but here is your opportunity to get rid of all that pent up agression inside you and rant about anything that you hate about UCD.

No matter how big or small, anything UCD related that does your frickin' head in, share it with us!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well let's see:

I hate the architecture of the place.As someone said before,it's Stalinist.
    A couple of plants or trees wouldn't go amiss.

I hate the atmosphere.There isn't a great vibe around the place and I'm sure the above point is related to that.

I hate the prices in the Arts cafe.90 cents for a snack bar?Is someone taking the p*ss?

I hate the arrogance of some people.I don't want to generalise all D4 people as being like this but I find it's mostly these people that act this way.

That's all I can think of for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

lets see.....i hate...

*the shítty atmosphere around college
    *the way some people get to 2nd year and slag off the first years at the start of the year......short memories!
    *the elitism of the SU
    *the arts cafe....€3.90 (or something) for a wrap when its €2.65 in the SU shop....and its way nicer.
    *the fact that WELLIES are suddenly fashionable on campus
    *very very bad fake tan
    *Mode 1 students who reckon they have it so much harder than other arts students who have an extra subject to focus on.
    *the lack of entertainment...what exactly does the Ents office do??

eh thats about it for now

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

-the amount of arts students suffering from a severe case of cranio-rectal inversion
    -how much dearer the gym is here than in any other college
    -the lack of cheap healthy food on campus
    -my course sucks, and right now I'm failing spectacularly
    -the fact I've a problem sheet due at 11 in the morning that I can't start due to b0rking my right thumb in TKD...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I hate all of you. Except for you. I like you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

jesus, is the whole of belfield prison having there period?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I hate computer services. People doing computer science need non-retarded computers. It's verging on physically irratating when I have to use the stupidly set up windows machines. That god for my linux account.

Computer services just told me to get out !
    :mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Perk in the Conway institute is the most expensive place on earth.

I've taken to eating koka noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I want to rant about O'Brien's in the sport centre. Buying a sandwich has never been so dangerous. When you are up at the cash register purchasing your items receiving your change and all that everything seems fine until you turn around and your walking straight into that pole. Its impossible to avoid and I keep on forgetting about it. Get rid of the pole!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I agree, many's the time I've had a near bumping experience with that thing! But their toasted cheese sandwiches more than make up for it :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

People who won't hold the lift door for you even tho' you're running!

Red Alert wrote:
    People who won't hold the lift door for you even tho' you're running!

****.... *shakes head*
    I spend most of mine time in UCD checking I'm not slamming doors on ppl (girls in particular) cause i have to realise im not in an all lads secondary school where a little 1st year counted himself lucky if the only thing he got was a door slammed in his face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I hate the arrogance of some people.I don't want to generalise all D4 people as being like this but I find it's mostly these people that act this way.

Almost word for word what my biggest rant would be.

Also lecturers who refuse to put their notes on blackboard.

blondie83 wrote:
    I agree, many's the time I've had a near bumping experience with that thing! But their toasted cheese sandwiches more than make up for it :p

:) A certain quote from Big Gay Al from South Park! :)
    Slash/ED wrote:
    lecturers who refuse to put their notes on blackboard.

1st year Sociology lecturers are you listening? Put the frickin' notes up pleeeeaaases!

The twats who installed/run blackboard should be shot. I mean seriously how many friggin "CLICK ON THIS COLOURFUL GRAPHIC HERE SPONSORED BY BLACKBOARD" do you have to tolerate to get at your notes! Not to mention the dropbox - that's just over-complicated. Bring back OnlineClasses - all is forgiven!

and i also add that the chemical engineering department are getting far too cocky IMHO. not content with taking half of the Elec/Chem study room (in addition to the 2 they already have), they also plan to turn their half into a Chem only computer room. their excessive usage of Eng 321 will still go on i'd say. how does an elec fight back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

By the looks of this thread looks like im going to Trinity or Dit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Students union and all the retards who run for the retarded positions. death to the union (well not really) but maybe a kick in the hole :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I actually hate the people who hold the door for ages even though you're miles behind them, relax people I know how to use it! just kiddin you're lovely people....

What *is* really annoying is the way they glue the mice in the ag computers so ya cant clean them, fuking ag! no ones gonna steal mouse balls!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I hate the way the majority of events are organised around arts students. There are loads of events I have to miss cause of lectures and practicals.
    Also lecturers who refuse to put their notes on blackboard.
    Worse than them are the **** who make a pretend effort by putting up notes with blanks in them which are completely useless.
    and i also add that the chemical engineering department are getting far too cocky IMHO. not content with taking half of the Elec/Chem study room (in addition to the 2 they already have), they also plan to turn their half into a Chem only computer room. their excessive usage of Eng 321 will still go on i'd say. how does an elec fight back?

I think they should move all engs except chem out to the terrace. :p

Red Alert wrote:
    and i also add that the chemical engineering department are getting far too cocky IMHO. not content with taking half of the Elec/Chem study room (in addition to the 2 they already have), they also plan to turn their half into a Chem only computer room. their excessive usage of Eng 321 will still go on i'd say. how does an elec fight back? :D

they're not making another comp room are they? I'd have thought 2 would be more than enough for any department. Ah well, it can't be easy having to type up those 40 page reports every fortnight :D I've noticed though there seems to be a lot of building and installing going on in eng block at the moment - highly suspicious altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Red Alert wrote:
    The twats who installed/run blackboard should be shot. I mean seriously how many friggin "CLICK ON THIS COLOURFUL GRAPHIC HERE SPONSORED BY BLACKBOARD" do you have to tolerate to get at your notes! Not to mention the dropbox - that's just over-complicated. Bring back OnlineClasses - all is forgiven!
    I like the new thing one of lecturers did. He set up a Moodle on one of his machines: http://secure.ucd.ie/moodle. It's a great way of posting content and asking questions. Lots of people seem to be bitching about this blackboard thing (which I never used). God bless computer science lecturers and their technological litaracy!

I would like to rant about that girl at the computer beside me who keeps on laughing out obscenely loudly for no reason! Shut up woman!

Maybe she's possessed! (or just a chemical engineering student - how much twittering can they do!?!) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Red Alert wrote:
    Maybe she's possessed! (or just a chemical engineering student - how much twittering can they do!?!) :p

bah, chems and their coffeehousing, opening matlab and talking for 4 hours with their vacuous chums on the length of X's report and how many pages you have to do before, like tommorrow. ARG! some of us are trying to play games and check our emails, I need that bloody PC you wench.

theCzar wrote:
    bah, chems and their coffeehousing, opening matlab and talking for 4 hours with their vacuous chums on the length of X's report and how many pages you have to do before, like tommorrow. ARG! some of us are trying to play games and check our emails, I need that bloody PC you wench.

There there, it will all be okay! Yay we're getting a nice little elec gang here. AC posts too, but he confines himself to the shooting boards :confused:

Don't get be started on YOU :p

I just got kicked out of the Student bar for not having my Goddamn college i.d................wtf is up with that ?
    I even showed ****in notes I had from the philosophy department and the guy still told me I wasnt a student.
    **** this place.

• Advertisement

ah the SU bar, that's a rant page all it's own. Briefly
    - Playing rabid dance crap at stupid times, e.g. friday afternoon
    - That mealy mouthed crotch pheasant of a bouncer (I have my reasons)
    - Putting "the weakest link" on all the time, with no volume.
    - Turning off the jukebox to play rabid dance crap.
    - That perpetually blocked urinal
    - rabid dance crap

Advertisement