Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Primera air filter for inside car?

Options
  • 27-01-2005 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi I have just bought a Primera year 2000. My windscreen is fogging up and it is very hard to clear it up. I have been told that I need an air filter for inside the car.
    Can anyone confirm this.
    How do I install it or do I need to get it installed professionally?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

I think it might be called an Air Purifier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Is there a leak into the car are the carpets wet ? Running the aircon should remove moisture from inside the car quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

No, no leak or anything like that. Takes ages to clear front window and then it comes back quickly. Some wet days it is really hard to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

the idea of changing the air filter is that you would have faster circulation as a clogged airfilter would reduce the efictiveness of the fan.
    at the end of the day a new pollen filter is buttons and if you check the maintainence book in the manual im sure it will say replace every 40000ish miles. if your a bit stingy take it out altogether or try handwashing it with lux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I don't agree with the pollen filter thing. If the windows are steamed up it means moisture is present inside the car. Pollen filters are particle traps. If the carpets are not damp, maybe the heater matrix has a steam leak. Check for dampness under the dash. Steamy windows are caused by moisture condensing on the cold glass area's ( er there is other causes). Is the window demister actually blowing hot air at the window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Agree with STRATOS, the filter, assuming it has one, woudl not cause or prevent fogging.
    If you do have AirCon on this vehicle, insure it not on re-circulation when switched off as this will cause the buildup of moisture and fogging.
    Even if you do not have AirCon, recirculation will cause fogging eventually, especially if you are entering with wet clothes.

If it is not set to re-circulation you may have a minor heater core leak... easiest way to check. When it is cold, as in the morning, set the temp setting to cold, but heat up the engine so the coolant is hot.
    Then turn it to hot and up to the glass. If you get a dense buildup of steam that subsequently subsides... you have moisture in the heater core.

Either it is a coolant leak or external moisture leaking in.
    Check the drains from the air intake plenum at the bottom of the windscreen.

Usually those pollen filters are on the outside so as to filter out the dirt before it gets to the AC chiller.

Advertisement