Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sax song?

• 27-01-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I personally think Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty is, its so colourful, but what do you think is the no. 1, top 3's, 5's 10's etc are also welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Anything by Huey Lewis and the News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

My Favourite Things - John Coltrane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Cannonball Adderley's Work Song

I'd have to change my mind on the My Favourite Things one and go for Giant Steps by Coltrane....love playing that tune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i agree about baker street. alot of dave matthews band stuff has good sax in it too

• Advertisement

Fair enough but this is a Jazz/Blues forum and the only thing jazzy about baker st is the fact theres a sa playing....and dave mathiews and huey lewis aren't exactly Jazz ethir....

Anyone got any Jazz sax tunes they'd like to share?

Fusion

:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Fusion251 wrote:
    Fair enough but this is a Jazz/Blues forum and the only thing jazzy about baker st is the fact theres a sa playing....and dave mathiews and huey lewis aren't exactly Jazz ethir....

Anyone got any Jazz sax tunes they'd like to share?

Fusion

:cool:

Well just adding to the non jazz briefly 'What does it take?' by Jnr Walker and the All Stars is amazing and back to Jazz for 'sax and song' surely nothing can beat the John Coltrane/Johnny Hartman album - tracks from which also appear on a lovely album called the Gentle Side of John Coltrane.

Advertisement