Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking on a Gigabyte nForce 4 Ultra

Options
  • 27-01-2005 9:15pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got a new machine on Monday (A64 3000+ winchester, gigabyte nForce 4 ultra mobo, Geil pc3200 ram) and I decided to overclock. It seems that the nForce 4 chipset can't go any higher than 233 on the fsb or HTT or whatever it's called these days. I've tried increasing the voltages and it won't even post above 233. That means the cpu is only at 2.070ghz.

Just posting this to let people know about it. Apparently it's a design "feature". Hopefully it's just a bios limitation but it doesn't look hopeful.

Edit: Link to other people with the same problem

290-3000+.jpg

What I should be able to overclock to :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I take it that you reduced the HTT bus and you should try and use ClockGen instead of going into the BIOS. As the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE wouldn't overclock in the BIOS but would overclock using ClockGen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yeah, I've tried reduced the HTT bus (I think). I'll try that clock gen thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Well if it is a bios feature, hopefully they will fix that with future bioses. Who's CPU-Z picture is that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Hopefully it'll be fixed. It's from an article on Anandtech about overclocking the 3000+ and the 3500+ Winchesters.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_869_875^10454,00.html?redir=IEGFC07

Advertisement