Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying anime character

Options
  • 27-01-2005 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Right now I'm only getting in to Neon Genesis, first 3 dvds done 5 to go :) But already Sinji pissed me off at the start because all he did was moan about having to pilot an Eva but his character isn't too bad now. Who is really annoying is Asuka, just finished episode 11 and she is wrecking my head :mad:
    Anyone else to watch out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Take your pick from any of the dozens of impossibly meek female characters that crop up so often. At least Shinji and Asuka are 3 dimensional characters. There are others who don't even qualify for the 2nd.

"Oh <insert hero name here>, I'm so frightened. Protect me from the evil <insert villain name>. He wants so badly to marry me and have his wicked way (probably not in that order)"

Also, characters that are there solely for fanservice annoy the hell out of me.

[edit] I almost forgot those young girls who mysteriously acquire magical powers and use them to get boys to like them. Hundreds of manga revolve around that plotline. Goddamned Shoujo :/ [/edit]

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yeah, very difficult to choose, anime is full of absolutely intolerable characters; most recently for me were from Airmaster; most of the female characters in that annoyed the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Are we allowed to pick pokemon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

eoin5 wrote:
    Are we allowed to pick pokemon?

Just say Pokemon in genreral.

I don't like characters that go around shouting unessicarily (Gai in Nadesico), and who think their bigger then they actually are (Auska in Evangelion).... kinda like real life.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

brocksnake1bv.jpg

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Looks like Brock has moved on to new things other then Pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Haha. :D Snake took the day off! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

Excel from Excel Saga--damn funny character ina damn funny anime--but so annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

For me it has to be Miss Merry Christmas in One Piece, my god that woman has an annoying voice :D ... Characters from shows like Kinagure Orange Road also tends to annoy me "I love you, I love you too but we have to wait 153 episodes to exchange a handshake" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

Oooh, ooh, I take it back--Yuna from the English version of FFX is the most annoying anime character of all time.

I'm sorry, so sorry.

Its just that...oh, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry!

I'm so sorry!

I wanted our journey to be filled with laughter, I'm so sorry!

....I'm sorry....

Sorry, so sorry...

O....M.....G

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Sasuke from Naruto. Makes me want to decapitate daisies.

Shinji from Eva. ARGH. Kicking puppies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Rasputin

Shinji was written to be a whiny little tit, but Evangelion still rocks.

Why not do a thread on best anime characters, this thread seems pointless as there are hours upon hours of crap anime with crap characters (Urotskidoji and Darkness series just to name a couple)

Vash the Stampede in Trigun has my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

That guy Shinn from Gundam Seed Destiny. He has managed to set new standards for irritation, and I thought Flay was bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

those 2 cat like girls in Dominion Tank Police, gah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mightymoose

humhumhum....

sakura from naruto, shesannoying and funny XD

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Pokemon, especially Mr Mime

Fishie wrote:
    Pokemon, especially Mr Mime

About half the characters from that show were chronically annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Man that Neon Genesis is fuked up, I agree Shinji's an awful moany cúnt. Can you rent the whole series form lazer? A mate loaned me a black covered dvd but it wasn't part of a series and the end of evangelion. I still don't quite get it though, keep thinkin im missing a big peoce of the puzzle and was wonderin where i might find the fuker!
    Thnaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Gotta be Sakura from Naruto.

Gotta love her though -_^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Simply put... all the pokémon, oh and pretty much all the characters in Detanator Orgun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion
    I found Ken Shiro's use of the same lines very dull in Fist Of The North Star as well
    Everyone in Psychic Wars and Landlock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

shinji wins this hands down with asuka a close second.

Shinji takes all three medals in the worst character olympics! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

everyone seems to be jumping on the shinji bandwagon, i know he is an annoying goit, but there are much worse out there. the three girls in rayearth. they make want to kill the sandwich monkey :(

Of course everyone rips on Shinji, those girls you only have to endure for 3 OVA but everyone else had to endure the wussiness of Shinji for an ENTIRE SERIES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned him but I'm gonna have to say Leo from the Zone of The Enders game. He really got on my nerves.
    "I don't want to kill anybody else!" BLAM "oh my god I just killed someone! I'm not gonna do it again" BLAM "oh god..." etc; etc;

Advertisement