Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows XP x64 Edition

• 27-01-2005 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Well I installed this yesterday and it hasn't turned out to be the superfast wonderland I expected.

Explorer seems slower (there's a 64-bit version), there are next to no drivers available so half the software and hardware doesn't work and the only wireless driver available has proved awful, constantly losing signal for no apparent reason.

Anyone else tried it and found it good or managed to iron out the kinks? I'm seriously considering burning my HD to a DVD or two and using the recovery disks to go back to regular XP.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Didn't even know it was released! /me rushes to get it...

<edit>Bah, still only the evaluation. Is it out via MSDN syke, or is it the pre-release you have installed?</edit>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've been trying to find 64 bit RAID drivers for an nForce 4 board but none seem to work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well this is almost everything on release

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_869_875^10454,00.html?redir=IEGFC07

Few more are found on forums sites.

I've tried this, same problem, no drivers for my sound card.

Because it can't use 32-bit drivers this causes problems for programs too, especially anti-virus software. You'll need 64-bit versions of those apps. DOS/16-bit Windows software doesn't work, but this is probably nothing for most users now.

Great concept but its ahead of its time.

Advertisement