Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Blankfirer) Pistol Mechanics Help.

Options
  • 27-01-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Right I purchased a Bruni automatic pistol for firing blanks for the films we are shooting (some westerns, some crime) i think it was 2nd hand.

The gun is very nice and suits alot of the parts it will be playing in our films. But a difficulty has arose. Before being loaded with its first round the gun worked perfectly but after we loaded the first round something seemed to go wrong. I was elected guinea pig to squeeze the trigger (after numerous stories of how load the damn thing was) but when i fired nothing happened. the gun seemed to become jammed. i was perplexed but only momentarily as moments after i relaxed the hammer clicked and the gun went off without my finger on the trigger. Assuringly we all freaked. But after that the gun seems to be plagued with this problem. the trigger doesnt work everytime the gun is cocked loaded or unloaded.

I was wondering if this a easily repairable fault or was i sold a dodgy gun.

anyway we have the 30 day money back deal but i'm hoping to avoid that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Find a gunsmith and get it fixed!
    Sounds like dirt in the firing pin mechanism, but I'm no expert on pistol mechanics. But it's definitely unsafe, so you'll have to get it fixed or replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

If it's new, get it replaced. No point trying to get something fixed when it's under guarantee. Take it back to the seller.

Advertisement