Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL vans on the Western Distributor road, Galway.

• 28-01-2005 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Well I've did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this, but if it's been posted before then I apologise in advance.

Driving home over the last two weeks I see NTL vans parked on different stretches of the Western Distributor road in Knocknacarra, there are men pulling up cable at different parts down the road.

Being 90% sure that the cable used in Knocknacarra is new, I wonder has this got something to do with NTL's rolling out broadband scheme?

I don't plan on getting it myself but it might interest people living in knocknacarra who havent seen these technicians....

Fobia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Fobia wrote:
    Driving home over the last two weeks I see NTL vans parked on different stretches of the Western Distributor road in Knocknacarra, there are men pulling up cable at different parts down the road.
    QUOTE]

Not seen them myself, but there are a few new estate just come on the market, the Altan one at the roundabout at Br Stefen went on sale/rent this month.

So it could be somthing as mundane as a lot of new connections for the TV....

but we can always hope....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

There is a periodic visual message on certain channels telling people that the service will cease on those frequencies and would they kindly retune their tellies to the new frequencies .

The old frequencies must be cleared for BB

Advertisement