Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Memory

Options
  • 28-01-2005 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hullo again,

Just wondering how easy it is to add more RAM to my machine? It's at 512 now. It's a Dell Dimension 4600 and I'd like to get an additional 512mb. Could anybody give me a link to what I might be looking for on Komplett?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

have a look on http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.asp and figure out which RAM you need using their configurator. Then buy the same stuff on komplett. You need pairs of RAM in Dells so keep that in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Only some Dells need matched pairs, selected RAMBUS modules. You need to check that first. As kmick says though, crucial will tell you what it supports, or else you could ring up Dell.. no doubt they'll try and sell you a 3yr warrenty with it though :D

Advertisement