Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sterlising Jewellery

Options
  • 28-01-2005 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

high I have just order jewellery off the net and was wondering about sterlising it I figured that a dip in vodka would do the trick but just want to be sure

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Just get some anti-septic stuff and lash it in boiling water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

or be cheep and just as effective and either pot of boiling water for ten mins or steam it for same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

the thing is its plastic wondering about melting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

there are very few types of plastic that will melt at 100'. Check the website that you bought it off of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Acrylic melts at 130 Centigrade. Not sure about surgical acytlic though, I'll keep looking around

i'd still say steam it..

baby's bottles are steamed for 9 minutes and are made of plastic and rubber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Water boils at 100 degrees Centigrade, steam can be higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anything that thin might get warped..

Edit: If steamed that is

i bought something like this, and put it into a baby bottle steamer.. it came out fine.no shape change. so it probably wont do any damage

• Advertisement
Advertisement