Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

popup windows passing variables to text boxes

Options
  • 28-01-2005 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

i am trying to create a popup window that has a dynamic list that when one of the dynamic selections (dunno if i need radio,list or check?) is selected it uses that selection in a text box on the main page

something like the airport list on ebookers but it seems that list is not dynamic?

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

sinus wrote:
    i am trying to create a popup window that has a dynamic list that when one of the dynamic selections (dunno if i need radio,list or check?) is selected it uses that selection in a text box on the main page

So look at the ebookers site to see how they do it?

Something like
    function optSelected() {
      if( window.opener ) {
        // check for the various form elements here
        var selectInput = document.forms['popupform'].elements['popupchoiceselect'];
        window.opener.document.forms['mainpageform'].elements['targettext'].value = selectInput[selectInput.selectedIndex].value;
      }
    }

Advertisement