Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Your Console

Options
  • 28-01-2005 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

this isn't about which console is best.....

we've all had a console throughout growing up etc.. that has totally taken over us.
    what console do u remember best as being addicted to it.
    what was your favourite?

Which Console Was Your God? 57 votes

C64 / Spectrum
    0% 0 votes
    Nes
    1% 1 vote
    Snes
    1% 1 vote
    N64 / Gamecube
    22% 13 votes
    Gameboy (& All its variants)
    29% 17 votes
    Playstation
    3% 2 votes
    PS2
    10% 6 votes
    Sega MD ( & its variants)
    17% 10 votes
    Xbox
    1% 1 vote
    Other...
    10% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Had a Commodore 64 (wasnt really a console but I only used it for games so it can kinda be regarded as a console)
    Then a Sega Megadrive
    Then a lull for a few years...
    Then PS2, oh yeah baby....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Likewise had a C64 then moved onto a SNES with Super Street Fighter 2, what a console, still play it today, and I play it just as much as i do my xbox ps2 and gamecube,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

C64........ *nostalgia kicks in*

those tapes though man..... waiting hours for something to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Snes :)

spending countless hours playing battle mode on Mario Kart with my mates/brother
    shaving miliseconds off my best time on the first ghost track, until eventually i did the perfect race (theoretically i couldn't have done it faster:))

super metroid... nuff said

must ask my flatmate if he still has his old snes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had a C64 which was great, but nothing comes close to the majesty of the Amiga. I still remember getting it on Christmas morning with about 100 games (about five of which were ligit). I spent the rest of the day playing Golden Axe and Kick-Off 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I think I was one of the few people in Ireland that had a 3DO. And I loved it. I got it for Christmas one year, and that Christmas was probably the happiest I can remember - I spent the whole time switching between Road Rash, Need for Speed and some FMV Sherlock Holmes adventure game. It completely blew my mind.

I spent months playing Return Fire. And then when Space Hulk came out - oh my. That was absolutely incredible. I pulled so many all-nighters just so I could stay up and play that game.

PS - Until Burnout 3 came out, Need for Speed on the 3DO was the best driving game ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

all but xbox from above and 2600 from atareeeeeeee and few others.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ObeyGiant wrote:
    I think I was one of the few people in Ireland that had a 3DO. And I loved it. I got it for Christmas one year, and that Christmas was probably the happiest I can remember - I spent the whole time switching between Road Rash, Need for Speed and some FMV Sherlock Holmes adventure game. It completely blew my mind.

I still have mine. I fire it up every now and again to play Return Fire and The Horde, but Wing Commander 3 on the 3D0 was the game that really blew me away - I still think it's great to this day. The D was pretty ace too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Return Fire and the best version of Road rash ever, 3do was a good console.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Playstation for me.
    We had an Atari and an Amiga before, and I loved the Mega drive, nes, and snes, at the houses of friends and cousins. But it was the good old PS that first took over my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I have had a C64, Megadrive, Ps 1 and 2, N64 and a gamecube, and the N64 was by far the most memorable for me, thanks to the likes of bodyharvest, goldeneye, OOT, mario 64 and all. And of course the controller, it really was something special.
    But as far as hopeless obsessions go, the PC games of 97 - 2000 did a far better job of ruining my social life than any of the consoles, battlezone rocked....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SNES. It had nintendo, capcom, squaresofts and konamis best games.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Gamegear, (sister had a Gameboy, brother had a PlayStation in its early days {I was still a PC head then}, friends had others – SNES, Megadrive, and the N64 for a while).

But like ‘i_am_dogboy’, PC games ruined my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I just love my GameCube to bits.
    My mates blame Metroid Prime for me failing my summer exams last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I just love my GameCube to bits.
    My mates blame Metroid Prime for me failing my summer exams last year.
    metroid prime 2 was released on the day of my Net+ exam :(
    i would've easily passed the damn thing if i'd bothered going back over my answers. getting home to play mp2:e seemed more important at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Three words:
    PC engine (white)
    R-Type
    Rainbow Islands

Nothing since has eaten so much of my time / generated as much devotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/me feels your pain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

wow... the one ****ing poll where atari jaguar would have made sense, and he leaves it out :confused:

my console god is n64 with 4player goldeneye and mario kart

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ambro25 wrote:
    Three words:
    PC engine (white)
    R-Type
    Rainbow Islands

Nothing since has eaten so much of my time / generated as much devotion.

hope you had splatterhouse. I remember some shop in capel street had them at the time.

I was hooked on jetpac on the spectrum. then populous on the st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

final fantasy 7 and MGS on the PS were my first big gaming addictions. God If only I could forget everything about those games except that I want to play them, and then play them afresh discovering them anew all over again. That would be so cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Memnoch wrote:
    final fantasy 7 and MGS on the PS were my first big gaming addictions. God If only I could forget everything about those games except that I want to play them, and then play them afresh discovering them anew all over again. That would be so cool!
    lol, I guess there would be a plus side to amenisia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Amstrad cpc6128
    Sega Mastersystem
    Sega MegaDrive
    SNES
    N64 ( winner )
    Ps2 ( got DRE's)
    Gamecube
    PS2 (Modded)

Have played a few games but the Nintemdo wins hands down 64 is best f

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mine would have to be the Dreamcast cos it paid my wages when I worked in Sega :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

probably sega for me....i wasted soo much of my youth on sonic! :D

didnt like much else...although whoever said rainbow islands now has me remembering my amiga 500 days :eek: now that was a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My history of gaming:

Atari 2600,
    Sinclair 48k,
    Amiga 500,
    PC
    Playstation,
    Gameboy,
    Playstation 2,
    Atari Jaguar.
    Amiga (emulated)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

pam wrote:
    My history of gaming:
    But... that doesn't answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I answered it as best I could. I guess a quicker answer to "Which console was your god?" would be that I'm polytheist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Atari wet my lips for gaming so I'll remember it fondly and Nintendo took it to another level but I'd have to say SNES blew me away. Even the most idiotic games were enjoyable to play...even the games for the bazooka ruled.I HAD FRIGGIN ANAMANIACS and I didn't even like the animaniacs and Looney Toons Jr....but Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart rocked the fishizzle! Rainbow road you biatch!

I like the gamecube only I rarely play it...I rarely play anything nowadays..just got the CSI and Full Spectrum games but I'm finding it hard to get into them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Memnoch wrote:

PS and PS2 easily. MGS got me hooked and when the second came out had to get a PS2 right away. And now with MGS 3 that has to be the best game ever so far. It was well worth every second of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

My SNES. I have fond memories of the Atari 2600 as it was our first console, but I loved my SNES.

Advertisement