Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to send back modem to esat/iol

• 28-01-2005 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

I've just cancelled my trial, and wondering what's the best way to send back the modem. Should I just walk into a post office, and let them sort it out. How much does it usually cost?

Thanks,
    LK

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You have to send it back registered mail to Esat, call them and they will give you an address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Ok.....I didn't say that I already knew the address. (Walkinstown). Back to my original question, what did anyone else do?

LK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Anyone else sent it back by registered to prove you sent it and have proof. So if any BS starts you've got evidence you mailed it. You enclose a letter stating all your details and your desire to cancel the broadband.

Then you contact them by phone and email to do the same, give them NO excuse to say you din't inform them and check your bills and bank. Make sure they don't charge you for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Have to be honest i didnt register mine when i sent it back.I did put in a print out of the email they sent me regarding my disconnection of my 3 months trial.Havent heard sweet FA from them and that was last october.Oh dont forget to cancel your direct debit also with your bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

is there an option to indicate while subscribing to them that you don't want to modem sent to you(if you already have one)? only filters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

014.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i dropped mine into the head office in Grand Canal Plaza in person. This is an ok way of doing it I rang first to check.
    You can keep that webcam you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

pwd wrote:
    i dropped mine into the head office in Grand Canal Plaza in person. This is an ok way of doing it I rang first to check.
    You can keep that webcam you know.

Did they say you could keep it, or did you chance your arm? I don't want to get caught out on this.

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

they said i could. before I brought it in i asked on the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement