Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G

Options
  • 28-01-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

Am considering a move to Vodafone 3G - using the Sony Ericsson V800.

Has anyone used it? Any problems, is it worth while signing up?

Unfortunatly I have to cancel my contract with O2 due to an ongoing dispute and need to move networks today...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I got the V800 last week. It's a good phone. The 3G network is ok. Like it's still in it's infancy so the coverage could be better. Even in dublin the coverage is jumpy and the strength of the signal my phone recieves is always fluctuating. But it'll get better. I got the v800 an upgrade for 250 yo yos with the Extra tariff.

The camera on the phone is excellent quality by cameraphone standards with reasonable options with it. Note: if you want to use MP3s as your ringtones you'll need to use Sony Ericsson DRM Packager software which can be downloaded from the website. It wraps the MP3 with the correct encoding and then just transfer the resulting DM file to the phone. Do a google for it. The only problem with using MP3s as ringtones is that they need to be stored on the phone memory as opposed to on the additional Memeory card so that limits the amount you can store. You can copy normal MP3s to the Memory card but these can't be set as ringtones. The battery even with power saving settings lasts 3 and half days. The quality of the premiership highlights which I downloaded from vodafone Live was impressive. and the connecttion speed is satisfactory. From what I've seen of the Sharp 902 is it's packed with features if quite a bulky phone. I'd recommend the V800.

One question I have is what is the maxium size if Memory Stick DUO that can be used in the phone? I've seen a 1GB card on the Komplett website but I don't know if that's compatible with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks Dubhthamlacht, I just signed up over lunch time. I gather you can use a 1GB card - from what I've read.

Another question:

Can I only use a Vodafone email address on my handset...

I have always used my own email address with my O2 account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Well I've got a Nokia 6630 with the excellent Profimail email client installed and 3 different POP accounts setup on it - I don't bother at all with my Vodafone email address at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

I set up a Vodafone e-mail account and a non-Vodafone account on my V800, and there have been no problems so far.

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys, just picked up my phone am heading home to get it charged...

Advertisement