Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alone In The Dark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I know. Saw the trailer for it a few weeks ago. Another game-turned-movie disaster.

Edit: That CHUD review is hilarious. I actually want to see it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This is from the director of House of the Dead, after all. The man seems to be picking up gamnes mags for his ideas lately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

TmB wrote:
    Edit: That CHUD review is hilarious. I actually want to see it now!!

Exactly, heh. It makes me curious now, is it really that bad? Then it might be so bad it's actually good. Hmmmm.....

It can't be any worse than House of the Dead.

Can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I saw a rough-cut clip of the movie a few months ago. It wasn't edited, didn't have any special effects, and had only a placeholder theme. Oh, and I'm fairly sure it included the bad guy giving away the ending. It was terrible.

But much as I'm loathe to say it, and against all my better judgement, the trailer makes the movie look.. well.. not as awful as I'd imagined, based on the original teaser.

Although I'm terribly impressed with CHUD's "Kids of Whidney High" analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I loved House of the Dead myself, I don't think I ever really laughed so hard. The main action sequence had me gasping for breath. I'm looking farward to Alone In The Dark as such.

koneko wrote:
    This is SO worth reading

Quite right, that is well worth reading! Makes me want to see this train wreck of a film even more!

Wow.... thats a scary article. Who is funding this muppet? Surely the money men behind his movies see that he is producing turkey after turkey.....

It's rated number 12 in the worst films ever on IMDB now aswell.
    Average rating? 1.9/10

Now I just want to see it out of curiosity! Surely it can't be that bad.

Check out the cast list for Bloodrayne. Somehow, after making trainwreck movies, people are still signing up to star in his films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Best website evar:
    http://www.uweboll.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

satchmo wrote:
    Best website evar:

i damn near wet myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

...and people said it was hard to get in the film industry.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

satchmo wrote:
    Best website evar:

Genius!

Im about to sit down to watch it.
    I have an old rusty razor blade at hand in case it becomes too much, though I vow to watch it from start to finish. (This may not acutually happen in one sitting)

I know that these never work, but I thought it would be interesting to see how many people would sign.
    Sign here to stop Uwe Ball. (I cant promise that anything will come of this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I know that these never work, but I thought it would be interesting to see how many people would sign.
    Sign here to stop Uwe Ball. (I cant promise that anything will come of this)

only if the terrible spelling is corrected.

I finally managed to watch it and I urge everyone to watch Alone in the Dark at least once, its the funniest comedy in years. I havent laughed as much in ages.

I finally managed to watch it and I urge everyone to watch Alone in the Dark at least once, its the funniest comedy in years. I havent laughed as much in ages.

Ah, excellent stuff. Funnier than House of the Dead?

Ah, excellent stuff. Funnier than House of the Dead?

A lot funnier. I must say that if Uwe Boll was to retire then we'd be losing a great comedian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why an earth do people keep hiring him??

I´ve never seen House of the Dead, but if what someone told me is true "House of the Dead is even worse then Alone in the Dark" then I don´t even want to.

I wasted a few hours of my life watching this. I just can´t understand how he´s even got a job. I´ve seen mcdonalds adverts directed better then his movies. And hes got THREE more in production?? Holy crap.

There should be a new "Fun and jokes" forum. I think Mr Boll would feature quite prominently due to his amazing contributions to the comedy scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Dreadful to hear Alone In The Dark turned out so badly considering back in the day this was a genuinely frightening computer game series, one of the best ever for sheer spooky atmosphere.

Once again, something that should have worked, doctored and altered by Hollywood, turns out to be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

:) :rolleyes: :o :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused: I hope he doesn't get his hands on Metal Gear Solid and rape the purity of such a great story line. :D;):p

Advertisement