Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sly Meteor Trick?

Options
  • 28-01-2005 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Nearly all my friends are with Meteor and it used to be that whenever I called them it would either

a) call them
    b) go straight to their voicemail

I noticed today that now it always calls them even if their phones are off/out of coverage!

So if I call a friend who has their phone off. It rings and then after a while goes to their voicemail. This makes the person who's calling think that the other persons phone has rung but the other person didn't answer!

So are meteor trying to give the illusion that they have better coverage than they do? It appears that it's not their fault but the person your calling simply hasn't answered their phone! Sly or what?

[X-file music]Or am I just being paranoid![/X-file music]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Nearly all my friends are with Meteor and it used to be that whenever I called them it would either

a) call them
    b) go straight to their voicemail

I noticed today that now it always calls them even if their phones are off/out of coverage!

So if I call a friend who has their phone off. It rings and then after a while goes to their voicemail. This makes the person who's calling think that the other persons phone has rung but the other person didn't answer!

So are meteor trying to give the illusion that they have better coverage than they do? It appears that it's not their fault but the person your calling simply hasn't answered their phone! Sly or what?

[X-file music]Or am I just being paranoid![/X-file music]
    Shot in the dark here, but maybe it's the voicemail that's ringing or something, try dialing direct to it (0855- <rest of number>)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I've noticed that recently too. Even have had coverage a couple of times and people have tried to call me and they report a couple of rings and it going to my voicemail, when it hasn't rung on my end at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

actually i noticed that aswell today.. bit strange alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭Genghis

Just tried that with my own phone; turned it off and when I called it it went immediately to voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Just checked my phone and it seems to be fixed. They must have just been having trouble this morning. Thought I was on to a big Meteor conspiracy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement