Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparison of Protestants to Nazis by McAlesse

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Me: Think this post started with the background of Catholics support Palestine - Protestants support Israel. Fairly sure I could drive through any Protestant/Catholic estate in "the province" playing Hatik'vah at full volume and no-one applauds/objects ('coz they haven't a clue its the Israeli national anthem!).

You: "the province" -inspires you to reach for mach-10/baseball bat!

Quite frankly, this is the impression I have of the North. Both Sinn Féin and the DUP need to reinvent themselves- SF moreso. As I wouldn't vote for either of them - and not for religious reasons, not for socialogical reasons, and certainly not for either of their mendacious mandtates (true of any political party - /politician in fairness)./

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

I think thats why it hurt so much. Not only was Auschwitz the wrong place and time, but it was also incorrect to indirectly compare the treatment of Jews with the N. Ireland situation. It is not inconcievable that McAleese handed the IRA a mandate for going back to war by comparing the people who the IRA used to kill / bomb in the North ( eg RUC, UDR, army cooks, tradesmen, remembrance day mourners ) as being like Nazis ? I am sure Sinn Fein / IRA took great pleasure in her comments.

Advertisement