Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you playing (1st one of 2005 )

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Swifty wrote:
    Tales of Symphonia, pretty good I'm about 20 hours through and as retro said the battle system is excellent, really refreshing compared to turn based slowness in every other RPG like this I've played, and no random encounters = spooge! Only gripe is that there's no FMV's whatsoever which is a bit of a letdown when you're used to the FF games :(

Its rather good isn't it. It started slow with a really predictable story. However I'm 15 hours through it and now loving every minute of it. It only really gets going 6 hours into the game and the simplistic story has turned into something very interesting and compelling. I'm addicted now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

DiscoMouse wrote:
    PS2: Deus Ex (Heard good things, and was in town today)

Oops, so you didn't hear that the good one was the original one on the PC? Invisible war on the consoles is pathetic in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Oops, so you didn't hear that the good one was the original one on the PC? Invisible war on the consoles is pathetic in comparison.
    did they release invisible war on the consoles?
    the original deus ex was ported to the ps2 anyway, i guess thats the one he's talking about.

nearly finished metroid prime 2 for the third time now (just after getting the power bomb)
    think i'll start a hard mode save after this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

GC: just finished Paper Mario so Zelda OOT and MP are keeping me going for now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

tman wrote:
    did they release invisible war on the consoles?
    the original deus ex was ported to the ps2 anyway, i guess thats the one he's talking about.

nearly finished metroid prime 2 for the third time now (just after getting the power bomb)

dont think invisible war is on the ps2 but it is definitely on xbox and the original is definitely on ps2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

tman wrote:
    God hard mode is really hard. And I'm only about half an hour in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

pfft!

stand back and let the men take care of this, little lady.

/me stands on tman's foot with manolo blahniks...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You probably couldn't finish Viewtiful Joe either. I say 'get thee to a nunnery!' :D

I actually just never bothered finishing VJ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Currenly on my second play through Star Ocean: Till the end of time. I can't believe such a brilliant game has been so overlooked. Just got my copy of Mercenaries on the xbox aswell havent played it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

DS SM64DS (wish I could plug a N64 pad in somewhere, tho' :D )

XB Multiplayer Burnout 3

PC CS1.6 & GTR (Note to myself: must-get-a-steering-wheel)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

PC: Halflife2, Conter Strike Source

Gamecube: Sonic mega collection

GBA: Final Fantasy Dawn of souls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

tman wrote:

pfft!

stand back and let the men take care of this, little lady.

Like when I had to do the Metroid Prime boss fight for her? :D

/me dodges foot

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Cube:
    Tales of Symphonia; great stuff, fantastic battle system as has been mentioned. Haven't got the hang of the unison attacks though.
    Metroid prime 2; only about 30% in
    Pikmin 2; wonderful game
    F zero GX (Not really my type of game, but good to have for 4 player insomnia sessions).
    Wind waker; put it on to show off the shiny prettiness to a friend, started a new game again :rolleyes:
    Master quest.

PC: Farcry
    Doom 3 (bought to test the prettiness of my new machine, hasn't been put into my machine in months)
    Hitman 2

PS2: Just finished ICO, amazing stuff, I'm going to play it again to hear what Yorda has to say for herself... er "young lady...?"
    GTA:SA on and off, whenever I need to vent some violent juice.

Slobbering at the mouth waiting for REsi 4 and Star fox assault. Also going to pick up Beyond good and evil and thief 3 from play soon (have the cash, need the credit card access :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

PC: World of Warcraft.

It's actually taking all the time I used to spent on various games. My Gamecube would be gathering dust if my girlfriend wasn't playing MarioKart. The only other thing I've played since I loaded it up is Day of Defeat and nearly nothing of that. It's fúcking brilliant by the way. :)

Games bought and being ignored due to WoW: UT2004, HL2, CS:S, Prince of Persia SOT, Grand Theft Auto: VC and amazingly I've only played about an hour of Rome Total War since I got it. It looks great but it's not WoW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To Ambro25, just buy another N64 with Mario64, and never ever sell it again, FOR SHAME, FOR SHAME!
    On the DS I am playing Mario64DS
    On the Gamecube I am playing Metroid Prime 2,
    ON the Xbox I am playing away with Jedi Knight actually, keeping in shape til I buy knights of the old republic 2, and a bit of MAME arcade action.
    On the PS2 I am playing GTA San An,
    On GBA GTA advance,
    On Vectrex a little bit of Minestorm!
    Brother bought me a Spectrum 16k for birthday so playing a spot of PSST! by Ultimate, now known as Rare

Advertisement