Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan

Options
  • 28-01-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Anyone see a crowd of youngsters going round lookin for fights?
    There travellers as far as i know.I mean no offence to travellers,there are very nice decent travellers in navan some of which i know well and are freinds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Dunno anything about that really, any time I've ever been in navan I've never seen scummers cruising for fights. This higher chav quotient doesn't surprise me though, its happening everywhere these days. Athboy is getting a huge drug problem lately, I've noticed. There's a park at the bottom of the town where boys and girls from the schools go to buy and sell drugs. The amount of times I've been offered stuff when even out for a walk with friends is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Yeh i seen that in athboy!

Whats the drugs scene like in Navan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Evilution wrote:
    Whats the drugs scene like in Navan?

Its great .. :) there must be about 10 chemists in Navan at this stage ..

LMFAO!!

Drugs....i could get em now in a matter of mins if i wanted to.

• Advertisement

LMFAO!!

Drugs....i could get em now in a matter of mins if i wanted to.

Yeah, me too. You can tell societys a bit fcuked when people can say this so easily.

Ah tis a nice town anyway,so is the country itself,just...a few elements that make it a little....****ty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I cannot stand Navan...no offence. Went to school there for 5 years, had my friend beaten up and now I very rarely return. It's a horrible place to go if you don't live there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

i go to navan on a friday night around twice a month. serious drug problem. i could get anything i want in 3 minutes flat on trimgate street on a friday.
    there's a lot of skangers between 13 and 16 that go around in white clothes and football scarves, many of them drunk and carrying weapons including adjustable spanners and wrenches.
    ive seen people had their noses broken for looking across the street.
    at a recent event, said skangers bombarded a club door. gardai were alerted and a car duely DROVE BY, no action taken, they just drove by.

There ye have it....

We're all talkin...but what do ye do about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Could your sig image be any bigger???

Bit big?ah well,my self-campaign will be over soon

what can you do about it? it's a scourge that's spreading to all the provincial towns. you're right about athboy too, it's riddled with drugs. there's even gangs developing in navan, little 15 year old idiots running round looking for fights, id an 19 year old friend mugged at gunpoint in beechmount about 2 months ago by a lad of no more than 15, there's not a whole lot you can do there, you're wasted if you try.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That is a problem in all big towns tbh. In Cavan, Cavan town, Bailieborough, Kingscourt and Cootehill all have the same problems. Gangs hanging around on streets waiting for fights etc. Cavan town being one of the worst, and Kingscourt has already been named as one of the top ten worst towns for drugs (mainly heroin) in Ireland which is scary for a town of only 3,000 people. But as you say, what can be done about it?

the gardai have become a social support group, not a law enforcement agency. ive had friends assaulted in the last 18 months who were offered "help" and "aid" and "emotional comforting" for a few bumps and scratches. they weren't offered the opportunity to prosecute, retaliate or bring the fockers to justice in any form, just get help. what kind of attitude is that? 35% of gardai in a survey before christmas said they were scared going to work!!!

Just happens to be at the same time as we are discussing....the cops have helicopters with soptlights and horses in navan :D

Just happens to be at the same time as we are discussing....the cops have helicopters with spotlights and horses in navan :D

The helicopters have horses? Hows that work then :D

LOL,youd never know with those cops

BTW,its all for the by election ;)

that was only a two-weekend stop off on a nationwide "make-the-gardai-actually-look-as-though-they're-doing-something" tour, poblachtach, it doesn't mean navan's future is any less doomed

LOL,youd never know with those cops

BTW,its all for the by election ;)

Who you voting for then? Doesn't that shane cassells thing look like the greatest streak of pi$$ you've ever seen?

• Advertisement

Now you said it.

VOTE JOE REILLY

Iam nailing them for broadband when they come to the door....all they care is about votes...that FF now.

Iam nailing them for broadband when they come to the door....all they care is about votes...that FF now.

Yeppers, me too. God help the one's that call to me; it'll be all about 100% broadband....and a smidgen of a better bus service.
    Legalise marijuana too :D
    Fukk that sinn fein prick though, spent half his life behind bars already. He's institutionalised.

Excuse me...thats no way to talk about him.He has done loads for anybody,more than those fianna fail mafia.Anyway,this thread doesnt have to be about insulting politicians.

Why dont you look into wireless?

Excuse me...thats no way to talk about him.He has done loads for anybody,more than those fianna fail mafia.Anyway,this thread doesnt have to be about insulting politicians.

Why dont you look into wireless?

Yeah, I know, we should behave ourselves really - no place for religion or politics in a conversation like this really :D
    I'm gonna do it. I'll check out www.meath.ie but in the paper there was a guys email address to mail about it, about how to get the signatures you need (min 25 people) and then how to apply for funding for it. I think the broadband company contracted to do it is Net1 or something like that.

shane cassells? liudrumáin
    it'll be tight between mcentee and hannigan. watch this space.
    are you not able to get broadband in athboy yet? i thought you would, being in the 94 area, we've it in trim for well over six months

Advertisement