Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian characters in Word?

• 28-01-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I installed these, and they worked for a while, but now whenever I start to type something with "Japanese" in the "Language"-box-thingy, it changes back to "English (U.S.)". Anyone know what's wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Are you trying to type using capitals? If you type even one capital letter, it usually defaults back to English input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭elvenscout742

No, I have no idea what's going wrong either :confused: .

Hold on a segundo here. Where exactly is the box that you're switching to Japanese?

Well, I was referring to the one at the bottom of the Word window, to the right of "REC", "TRK", "EXT" and "OVR".

The JP across from the start button doesn't revert back, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

...well in that case, no wonder it doesn't work, that's the spellchecker.

Right-click the JP on the taskbar and get the full language bar. There should be an option on that for hiragana/katakana entry.

• Advertisement

Ah. どうもありがとう. ...what? YES!!! どうもありがとうございます!

Advertisement