Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can't play audio cds

• 28-01-2005 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm having troube playing audio cds. The cables (internally) are connected correctly. Windows media player recognises there is a cd there, but the option to play it is greyed out. When I try to play a track though media player by right-clicking it from explorer windows media player proclaims: "Invalid MCI Device ID. Use the ID returned when opening the MCI device." Winamp also refuses to play the cd track, but Exact Audio Copy can play the track no problem.

Any Ideas?

P4 - 2.66, Abit Vi7, Windows Xp Pro SP1 5.1.2600; Sound Blaster Live! NEC ND-3500AG.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

In control panel, sounds and audio devices, hardware, click on your cd drive, click properties, properties tab, check the box, enable digital CD Audio for this CD-Rom device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Is it a copied CD? I've found in the past that XP gets a little dumb when it comes to copied/backup CDs and decides that it must be a pirated CD. I tested this a while ago and copied one of my smashing pumpkins albums then tried to play the copy, it simply refused to work! and then every time i put the copy in the icon for the CD drive would vanish from the My Computer window in explorer! the only way to get it back was through a restart.

That's just mad IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

RobertFoster: Checked that setting and it's ticked.

aligator_am: Nope, pressed sliver cd.

Advertisement