Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor MMS - receiving pic messages from O2

Options
  • 28-01-2005 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

The other day a friend of mine who is an O2 customer tried to send a picture message to my meteor phone. Anyway I never received it. Does anyone know if Meteor customers can receive MMS from other Networks? As far as I know the settings on the phone are correct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Until very recently no, Meteor could not receive MMS from the other networks. I know it is on the verge of working (if not already) from VF and I assume O2 wont be too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

MMS between Meteor and o2 has been working since before Christmas so I'd guess if the MMS didn't get through (and presuming your (i.e. both of your)) setting are indeed correct), it could have been a temporary glitch in the interconnect between the networks. Try having your friend send another MMS and if it doesn't work this time call o2/Meteor to confirm settings. Also - if for some reason the MMS is a lot larger than normal (i.e. a very long video message), it may be blocked at one end or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Thanks for the advice. I'll ask him to try it again and if it doesn't work i'll contact meteor.

Advertisement