Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trip to Old Trafford

• 28-01-2005 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I want to send my Dad to see a game in Old Trafford some weekend, would it be easiest for me to just book a flight to manchester, get him a b&b or hotel near the ground or something? How much are tickets for a game, and are they price the same all year round? I know there are people who do trips to the games and supporters clubs and things but i dont know where to look. thanks for the replies in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Fabrizio

Hey Ruu, i have been to a good few games in Old Trafford,you can go through travel agents alright that do packages such as

http://www.wallacetravelgroup.com/manutd.asp
    http://www.premiersportstours.net/

Tickets are usually the same price, but obviously a little more expensive depending on where your sitting and what game it is. I would recommend booking flights from one of the following

www.ryanair.com - from Dublin
    www.aerlingus.com - from Dublin
    www.bmi-baby.com - from Knock

The best places to look for tickets is probably your local Man Utd Supporters Club, they might have a few spare for some games! or try online at ebay.co.uk (might not be that reliable tho)
    Hotels and B & B's are easy to get....however dont get somewhere too near the ground. He can get a tram right to the stadium from anywhere.

Whatever you choose to do, its going to be a great present and an experience that he will never forget!

P.S : My brother and Dad were over last week and they felt the atmosphere wasnt as good as usual becuase the League is all but lost (Dad goes every second week) so i recommend a Champions League game or an FA Cup Game.
    Any questiosn then i will gladly answer - if i can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thanks very much for all the detailed info :) i got a brochure in a travel agents but i reckon it'd be cheaper to organise the trip myself. I dont think it'll make much difference what game is on its just the whole experience, thanks again for your help,

Ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

as regards tickets,wait until just before kick off at Trafford Bar tram station up the road from Old Trafford and the touts will mostly give you the tickets at face value to get rid of them unless its a massive game........ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Look into flying into Birmingham or Liverpool (I'm thinking with Aer Lingus here because it's easy to see the different prices for different dates).

Go to Aer Lingus, enter the dates and specify 'Flexible'. You'll get a shock at the price range for flights for when home games are on and when they're not.

I just tried Dublin-Manchester for 26 Feb (home game). (surprising) 3 euro to Manchester and 109 on the way back (I've researched Liverpool flights and it's been *much* higher in both directions for when home games are on e.g. out 26th/return 27th - e109 out, e199 return!!!)

You can book a train from Birmingham to Manchester (at least you can get one to Liverpool which is how I'd plan to go).

Advertisement