Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump for watercooling

Options
  • 28-01-2005 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

Does pump runs out of an electrical socket or it runs off the PSU? What's a good pump. I want to get the Hydor L35 but if the power source comes from a socket, I need to get a different pump as the only place I found selling this pump is in the States.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i have the DD 12v-D4 think thats its name...nice little beefy pump and it runs off a psu molex..you can also stick it into a fan controller and only give it 7v to make it quieter but i can hardly hear it at 12v anyway :eek:

thinking most others run off mains though..but dont hold me to that 1

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I have a maxijet 1200 which is less powerful than the L35, it does 1000L/Hr with a head of 1.5meters but it was cheap at Str£20. It plugs into the socket, you could set up a relay or just put the pump into a 4 gang with your PC and switch tham on at the wall at the same time. Otherwise you could go for one of those Swiftech ones which plug into the PSU. The Swiftech one would be better than the maxijet but it would be a lot dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Thinking of getting a pump that runs of the PSU as I have too many things running through the sockets already. Cant decide which one though.

the 1 ive got i think is really good..think it cost me about £45-£50 and pumps the water round ere keeping my cpu at about 26-28 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Thanks Viper. I went with that pump at the end. It has some good reviews and most people seems happy with it.

• Advertisement

no problem ..hope it gives you the same results im getting :D

Advertisement