Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Re PRSI

Options
  • 28-01-2005 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I am a NON EU worker in Ireland working on a ICT Work Authorisation.
    Last year my tax cutoff was incorrect - I had it fixed and claimed the tax that I had paid too much back. I got a fair bit more than what i though i would.

OK, back to PRSI. I am not elegible for unemployment benefits etc as I am not from an EU country.

Can I therefore claim my PRSI back? Should my employer be paying my PRSI at all? This might explain why I got more back then expected the last time I queried it - perhaps I have some Euros owed to me ...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You should have received a statement with the cheque you got from the Revenue.

I doubt you can get your PRSI back, but you will be entitled to benefit from it in future.

Advertisement