Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden age of game shows on Tv

Options
  • 28-01-2005 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

All on Bravo but the 3 of them are quite good.

Gamer tv

News and reviews with no host just footgae and special reports on devs cpl quakecon and e3 type coverage. Reviews aint bad either but they show footage ingame like. Best of all no host and fairly upto date altho repeated daily.

When games Attack

Domink Diamond on tv talking about games, very good show also upto date and the top 5s are classics. And game vs game is good altho the puppets are a bit too much.
    Usually a competition on last few weeks its been pro footballers playing Pro Evo 3.

Game pad
    Violet Berlin , altho she takes most of the screen time still a decent show with okish reviews and previews.

Hope Sky are watching these shows, bout time there was some quality tv shows about games.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

aye they are good, but nothing will beat the almighty wicked gamezville.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Cremo wrote:
    aye they are good, but nothing will beat the almighty wicked gamezville.

:D roflol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I really like When Games Attack, it's entertaining and it makes good use of the medium. Dominick Diamond is funny and it's just generally a good light-hearted show.

As for the other two, I do like them bit to be honest games reviews are a bit of a waste of a TV show in my opinion. Gamepad for example, while Violet is well informed and it's generally a really good show, its always way behind the times, gamer tv isn't quite as out of date but it's not as good quality as gamepad, neither of them can really compete with the internet unless they start being a lot more up to date. I've no idea how long it takes from producing one of those shows to airing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

steviec wrote:
    . I've no idea how long it takes from producing one of those shows to airing it.

Less than 5 days i reckon , News of EA and take 2 buyouts were on it wed they only happened last friday.

No host makes it easy to produce and all important footage

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

KdjaC wrote:
    Less than 5 days i reckon , News of EA and take 2 buyouts were on it wed they only happened last friday.

No host makes it easy to produce and all important footage

kdjac

Hmm thats interesting, I hadn't watched it in a while but anytime I've seen it it seemed a bit more out of date than that, maybe I just caught the repeats tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

GamerTV is normally realatively up to date. They even had an Oddworl Stranger review on today.

But Game Pad is normally way out of date by the time it shows.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gamer TV imo is the only half decent one.
    D Diamond is a pain V Berlin aint too bad i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Dominic Diamond is a bit of a twat, but he isn't a complete idiot when it comes to games, either that or he just reads forums and steals opinions from people who like good games......Violet Berlin's great-annoying voice but she certainely knows her stuff, can anyone remember the show she was on years ago when she had purple spiky hair? I think it was on ITV really late at night.

GamesVille ain't that bad, after they stopped taking themselves seriously the quality did get a whole lot better. And even though the 2 presenters are retarded, the other members of the gteam are pretty cool, you've even got one of them who has harped on quite a bit about how stupid people are for not buying beyond good and evil........just turn it down or off for the bits where the 2 main guys are talking about how great EA are or the annoying kids are playing against each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Don't knock Dominic Diamond :D He's the king of video game shows, he hosted Games Master all those years ago when there was nothing else like it around, I doubt he reads forums and steal other peoples opinions, he's been involved in the games industry a long time.
    Don't know why I bother replying to you though if think Gamesville isn't that bad, this suggests to me you're a young pup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I remember games master, and it was good, but that was the opinion of a 10 year old, looking at dominic diamond now-he's a twat, sure enough he does know his stuff, but theres something annoying about a middle aged man who's only claim to fame is video gaming, who makes fun of "geeks". He's far from a god too.

I said gamezville isn't too bad, i didn't say it isn't bad at all though, the presenters are idiots, they hype all the same games that bad magazines do, the guru's one of the worst things they could have possible put in the show-BUT there are a few members of the g-team who know what they are talking about, and for someone who doesn't have dsl it's a good way to see clips of games that are on the way. When I watch the show I do for the most part, have it muted......

No, not a young pup, I've been playing since jet set willy came out, I can see how you'd think that after me not saying bad things about gamezville......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Dominic isn't half as funny without Dave Perry. They were the perfect games TV odd couple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't they both hate each other in two of the series? Don't think anything on any videogame show could match the quiz. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Im sure im not on my own here but the only reason I watch When Games Attack is to see Caroline Flack. Other than that imo the show is pure ****e.

Advertisement