Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Muff

Options
  • 28-01-2005 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I recently got one and don't know how to get the most out of it. does anyone know any websites that help with this stuff?
    thanks
    sam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

Depends what you want to get. Alot of people use it as a booster for normal distortion, but I find it works best on its own.
    If you want a great fuzzy but not too fuzzy sound...put the sustain up all the way, tone at 1 o'clock and volume at whatever you want...i recommend 11!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 eoinfilter

best way is to fiddle bout with it, you get that real weezer sound off them (blue album) dont expect to be able to play proper chords tho, its the wall of sound effect that you get, esp if you have two going at once! they are best wit single notes rather than chords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Stifler

you think so eoinfilter? strumming with it ive found works well.
    I'll try all the info thanks guys

Strumming chords with it is fine, just dont have the tone down too low, or else you'll sound like koRn...and you dont what that now do ya...
    As for sounding like Weezer.... *sigh* If only :(

Goes to play with his big muff (:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 66e

it makes a beautiful racket when used with a bass.

trust me..i'm a stomach!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

This thread is ripe for some pussy jokes! let me guess, ur all D4 arts students who are going to change the world?

No, Im from Ballyfermot and I'm gonna bleedin' bate ye! RIGHT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Ah ya Bally'nacker! Im from Inchicore,way madder, so lets 'ave it you scum!
    Chav till I die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smurp08

here are some basic settings for the big muff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKJe9eoQogI

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

smurp08 wrote: »
    here are some basic settings for the big muff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKJe9eoQogI

Let's hope the close to 9 year wait has been worth it for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement