Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signal problems

Options
  • 28-01-2005 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

i'm on meteor in bray with a nokia 6600.

i'm getting very bad signal all the time, at first i thought it was constricted to my room, but now i'm finding out it's bad everywhere out on streets etc.
    it has gotten so bad that i can't make a phone call for ten seconds without being disconnected.

is this meteor's fault or is it the phone?

i was thinking of moving back to O2 since the **** i've had with meteor would this be a wise move with my phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

I used to own a Nokia 6600 and the phone gets very good reception so I'd be inclined to think it's a problem with Meteor.

To prove or disprove this, try your SIM is another phone if possible. If that gets a bad signal, then it's probably Meteor.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Join vodafone. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

who's the best to go for?

i was with o2 hence i have an 086 number and then bought the 6600 on meteor pre-pay, but i've had nightmere's ever since. terrible reception customer service etc.

how easy is it to change providers? is it just walk into shop where i bought the phone and say "here i want to change from your ****ty service good luck"

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

From my experience both Vodafone and O2 offer the best coverage generally but both have areas that one covers better than the other. If O2 worked well for you previously then I see no reason not to go back to them if you really want to.

One suggestion would be to check with neighbours and friends (who live very near you) and see what their experience has been like with O2 and Vodafone reception.

In relation to your situation with Meteor - as you are on pre-pay I don't think you're stuck with the network for 12 months *but* I would guess your phone is locked so a Vodafone or O2 SIM card will not work. That said, it's easy enough to unlock a Nokia 6600 (and for free).

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i was on meteor for ages and it always had bad coverage but now everyones going on bout how great they are now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Its very unlikely its the 6600's fault but id get it unlocked and try a different sim card from another network in it to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ok how can i unlock this phone then?

Advertisement