Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software tweak (Windows XP)

Options
  • 28-01-2005 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Ok, im looking to be ablle to change the picture you get at the start up of Windows XP. Its the picture of the Windows logo and then the blue loading bar.

I want to change that, to something else? Like a skull and bones with "pirated version" underneath. Or something else.

Does anybody know of anything like it or have it done or something?

Cheers :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

There's a couple of software that will do that. Style XP is one of them. Be careful though as it needs to rewrite your boot file and may cause some serious problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

why does it need to rewrite my boot file? shouldnt it be a straight forward file change and gif change (of sorts) ?

any others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

when ur changing the boot screen it backs the file up as ive tried numerous starting screens (got a Metallica 1 now :D)

and yeh i use styleXP...never give me any troubles with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

just downloaded it now and style xp is perfect for what your looking for....

:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

www.wincustomize.com is ok too - used style xp dead handy

• Advertisement

when you have downloaded a new boot screen and the next time you start up your computer you are given a choice to load the new boot screen or the original, is there a way to have it just load up the new one....? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

right click on my comp , get your properties up
    go to advanced tab "start up and recovery" at the bottom and click on settings and there u have the first option is time to display operating systems if you change it to 0 it will boot up windows with your new screen without asking

works fine for me..shouldnt cause u any problems unless u do actuallt dual boot with another OS...

ok that worked fine...

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Careful!

Changed this screen and didn't like it so I uninstalled, then I done something very stupid - deleted the boot.ini file, man was that a pain.
    DirtyHarry wrote:
    why does it need to rewrite my boot file? shouldnt it be a straight forward file change and gif change

Microsoft does'nt want people to change this screen
    :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Microsoft does'nt want people to change this screen
    :mad:

First off love the Shame Tm thing very classy.

Microsoft dont want anyone playing with any of there products. Seen some class stuff done to xp. Every try feck with the .Kernel - people have. G4tech.tv for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If you have no service pack or sp1 then you will have problems when (if) you upgrade to sp2. I did. had to edit ntfoskrnl.exe and boot.ini myself. Serious hassle.

Advertisement