Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something very wrong with boards.ie login

Options
  • 29-01-2005 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

This is actually Jaeger here....

I clicked this quote button to reply to this post and for a minute I expected "please login" as I cleared my cookies etc at some stage yesterday. Instead it brought me through to the post message screen and thinking perhaps I had logged in already somewhere, I posted and then noticed that it said posted by this username....

I'm using Firefox but I do switch back and forth between it and IE6 - only have 1 identity here on boards, the PC is NOT shared by anyone else.

How did this happen? :eek:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Just to confirm that I've logged out and didn't mess about with the account or anything - just slightly mystified as to how that happened and make sure it doesn't happen for any more prominent accounts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I happen to know the person who signed up as poeticseraphim last night for the first time , this also happens to be thier current email.

They have yet to post to boards.ie but to intend to.

I have no idea how this could have happened unless you are thier brother
    and you live on the southside of dubllin.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've had one other report of that happening. I think ecksor is having a look at it but my work machine is fubared so I've been out of contact for a while.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Thaed wrote:
    I happen to know the person who signed up as poeticseraphim last night for the first time , this also happens to be thier current email.

They have yet to post to boards.ie but to intend to.

I have no idea how this could have happened unless you are thier brother
    and you live on the southside of dubllin.
    I'm about 117 miles down the road in the sunny south east, and none of my siblings has an interest in boards.ie and indeed, the internet in general as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

emmm, just about an hour ago I discovered I was mysteriously logged on as someone called "sonicyouth", whoever they may be. I checked, and turns out they joined up to boards today. Any ideas what caused this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Some sort of race condition (he said guessing wildly, and pointlessly for that matter I'm sure ecksor's already thought of that if it's at all possible).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

There's a much simpler explanation actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

you sir are a master of suspence!!

pray tell!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hm. NO!

Advertisement