Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smack!down Was Boooooring!!

• 29-01-2005 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

If any1 has jus been watchin smackdown on sky i think u'l agree it was dull and boring

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yep just finished watching it.Sitting through the show felt like a chore.
    A terrible main event.Two heels?The quality of wrestling was good but two heels shouldn't be fighting in the main event.

Smackdown is in a real mess right now.They need to sort that show out fast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

smackdown has been a 'real mess' since wrestlemania 20 last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

they've never needed lesnar as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I find it really frustrating whenever I watch SD (which hasn't been for a couple of months now) or read about it. Overall, I think that SD has better and more talented wrestlers than Raw, but Raw is outperforming it every week. They just give us crap storylines and feuds on SD. They could easily have some decent and talented wrestlers fight over the title, cos Bradshaw does not deserve it. And instead of feuds like Undertaker and Heidenreich, they could have a great feud featuring guys like Paul London, Kidman, Chavo, Shannon Moore and Haas. All those guys put on great matches on Velocity when I catch it.

It's just so frustrating when they don't use talent to its full potential!

the superstar i think deserves a push and has for as long as i can remember is RVD but his knee is messed up at d mo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Luther Reigns could be given more of a push.I think his finishing move,that inverted swinging DDT is awesome and he could've been for Smackdown what Batista has been for Raw but he's been stuck with Jindrak unfortunately.

When Big Show is your biggest face,you're definitely in trouble!
    JBL should've lost that title months ago as well.

if they brought the rock to smackdown it'd boost ratings but dats a differnt story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bring the back the days of SmackDown! 2002 with Benoit, Angle, Edge, Mysterio and the Guerreros. What matches those guys put on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i recorded it last night, lasted half way

painfull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i hate RVD, he should be fooked out of the wwe, This "dude" thing is all he ever does, annoying. I dont aggree with the statement SD have better wrestlers. Big Show, JBL, kenzo, coolito, john cena couldnt be labeled as good wrestlers, Cena being the worst wrestler in the business.

They need to join the shows up again and sack about 10 wasters from the roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Not sure if it was the flu affecting me or not but I thought last nights smackdown was better that it has been for a long time.
    Highlights for me were:
    Eddie, Booker and Rey discussing the royal rumble and strategies. I felt that they have good chemistry with booker playing straight to eddies antics with rey not sure where to stand.

Four way tie for the rumble spot. Thought it was a good show off of the cruiserweights and served as another push for Paul London. Practically spat my beechams all over the telly when Taz said straight 'Well obviously funaki is the firm favourite to win tonight'. Really taz? We all know funakis best job at the rumble would be to wait at ringside during the rumble with a mike waiting to interview all the raw wrestlers and ask them how much does it lick balls to work for HHH?
    As for Shannon Moore, he looks like jeff hardy when jeff was 9 and experimenting with face paint for the first time. What a tool!

Maybe because I really dont like kenzo but I loved John Cenas squash of him, he is so over with the crowd if a smackdown wrestler was to win tonight it would be him.

Wouldnt it of been cooler if it was brock lesner who was causing theodre long to ignore everyone instead of the big show?

As for the main event i have to say I enjoyed it. Ending was predictable but the wrestling was solid with kurt letting the adage 'you can put kurt in the ring with a broomstick and he will bring it to a good match' ring true yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

yah the ending was too predictable at SD, its been played out too many times, I would have liked to see Big Show come out and kill everybody and then see one somebody helping JBL or Angle up to break the count and thus getting the other wrestler counted out. Angle is superb, Put him on RAW. Im sick of watching him carry other wrestlers. I want to see him go at it with jericho, benoit, hhh, batista for a change. And while they are at it, kill the fookin undertaker and that hendin ejit.

Advertisement