Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game Stores in Ireland

Options
  • 29-01-2005 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

What in your opinions are the best game stores in Ireland?
    I like GAME in Henry St. but I haven't been around Dublin much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

GAME In henry street is a little compact. GAME in Dawson street is bigger and not as crowded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i reckon the one with the cheapest games that doesn't rip us off too much

now where is that or does it exist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Robert_Plant

Where the hell is dawson street?

its in town or the city centre depends on where you are from

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

d22ontour wrote:
    i reckon the one with the cheapest games that doesn't rip us off too much

now where is that or does it exist ?

smyth's is generally cheaper for new releases and you get 10% new releases with their loyalty card (which is free unlike GAME'S reward card)

they are located on jervis street near UGC cinemas and beside maplins.

Dawson street is paralell to grafton street.

how to get there.

from st.stephens green shopping centre, head down the road with the horse and carts and ****e are and take your first left (should be a sports shop on the corner) and it's down at the end of the street

• Advertisement

my game card was free its only when they realised there was funds to be made that they started to charge

no surprises there i suppose, i tend to wait till prices come down unless its a must have but there hasn't been many of them lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Gamestop and Smyths are on the other side of town so I usually just settle with GAME, even though the former are arguably better.

Dawsons St. over Grafton St. any day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I prefer Smyths because of the 10% off on the week of release. I don't usually buy my games in Ireland since Play and the american sites (take you weak dollar :) ) are far cheaper. However if its a new nintendo game that is released close to the release in America I'll be the one running to Smyths on the day of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Dawsons St. over Grafton St. any day.

that's the spirit! the staff are so friendly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Hell yeah, the GAME on Dawson Street kicks ass, staff are nice, its almost never busy so your not queing for that long and a pretty huge game selection compared to most of t'other GAMES, although was it roumered that they were closing the Grafton Street one down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

There's always this one guy in Dawson St. thats an asshole.

:D;)

jonnybadd wrote:
    Hell yeah, the GAME on Dawson Street kicks ass, staff are nice,

why thank you :D

OH and ciaran500 that dick head would be me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Loyalty card prices?

Game comes out at 50 , tag of 55 stuck on it and 10% off for loyalty card holders, Game and Smyths both do it.

All game stores a rip off , best one is game in Liffey Valley cos it has the biggest 2nd hand bins and more idiots working there who regularly misprice games.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Smyths is the biz for the games got ut 2004 last summer there for €39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

evad_lhorg wrote:
    that's the spirit! the staff are so friendly :D

They laughed at my handwriting once =P

Still, probably the best gamestore in town. Anime sometimes, too, if you aren't going all the way to Forbidden Planet. Gamestop in Henry St. (I think) has a few rarities. I got Resident Evil: Survivor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Gamestop on Henry Street are terrible for games, but their DVD prices are fantastic - special edition of Collateral for EUR20 (EUR33 in HMV) and Season 3 of 24 for EUR33 (EUR49 in HMV).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm gonna have to put in a word for GAME in Tallaght here, just cos I work there...

DiscoMouse wrote:
    They laughed at my handwriting once =P

Still, probably the best gamestore in town. Anime sometimes, too, if you aren't going all the way to Forbidden Planet. Gamestop in Henry St. (I think) has a few rarities. I got Resident Evil: Survivor there.

pschh we have three copies of that! :rolleyes: lol

probably me who laughed at your handwriting! ;)

and BOOOOOOOO TALLAGHT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*shakes fist*
    BOOOOOO Dawson St!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

strange as it sounds for new release, big name PS2 games i'd choose argos, all €45

• Advertisement

I'm gonna have to put in a word for GAME in Tallaght here, just cos I work there...

god i got served by a (no game knowledge) gimp in there at christmas hope it wasn't you :D

judging by your posts doesn't sound like you :)

well was this gimp female?

of course not, everyone knows females stock shelves in them stores :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Xtra-Game in the Square gets my vote. Best prices anywhere, best trade in prices and great friendly staff that let me pre-order San Andreas the day before it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

gotta go with xtra game in square also
    brought real competition to Game
    and regularily drop a tenner or so off new games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

i have to give my vote to GAME on Dawson's Street.

it's just nice to be able to browse through the games, and they have a wide selection of games.

i managed to find Viewtiful Joe for the gamecube there today. Victory!

yea i think i was the one who sold ya that, blabbing away about how hard it was!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'd have to go with Dawson St too, nothing to do with the selection of games or the prices, but mainly to do with the undeniably handsome staff they have there, especially the part timers. ;)

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea i think i was the one who sold ya that, blabbing away about how hard it was!

yeah, i guessed as much when i was at the counter. :D

• Advertisement

flogen wrote:
    I'd have to go with Dawson St too, nothing to do with the selection of games or the prices, but mainly to do with the undeniably handsome staff they have there, especially the part timers. ;)

flogen

there is one real ugly lookin RAWKER guy who works there though. bit of an asshole. do you know him? :D

Advertisement