Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parkinson's interview with Ali

• 29-01-2005 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on UKTV G2, and all I can say is it's possibly the best interview I've ever seen. Ali just kicks so much ass in it. Anyone else see it? And anyone any idea if I can get a copy of it, on dvd or whatnot?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Well it is repeated on the 25 of March at 9.15 pm and at 1.30am.

Also worth watching that night is a repeat of his worst ever interview, Meg Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I've got an original tape from when that interview was released in the shops.. Ali = Biggest Legend Ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Thanks for the heads up John R, if I can't find it on dvd or something, I'll have to resort to good ol' VHS (dvd recorder is in the process of being bought).
    Shrimp wrote:
    Ali = Biggest Legend Ever..
    Without a muthaf***in doubt man!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I've seen it many times now & it was a great interview.

UKTV G2 seem to repeat it a few times every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah pretty good you think at the start hes just being arrogant and big headed but further on he makes more and more sense and has an answer for everything. I just saw it last night too and i gotta say its the best interview ive ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i was glued to the ****in tv when this was on.. absolutely brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That's odd, I was talking to the Video editor of parkinson the other day in work. He was talking about the best interview Parkinson ever did.... Ali was up top, alongside the interview with Woody Allen. Apparently the woody allen one is great.... it looks like Woody is going to walk out have way through..... Parkinson was trying to get him on for 25 years and he finally agreed.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Which one was it? Ali did 3 interviews with Parkinson. One in 1971,1974 and 1981, I believe.

Fantastic interviews, I've never seen anything close to that sort of atmosphere on a talk show. Legendary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hey,

I've got this one at home.. I just scanned this in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Spike wrote:
    Just saw this on UKTV G2, and all I can say is it's possibly the best interview I've ever seen. Ali just kicks so much ass in it. Anyone else see it? And anyone any idea if I can get a copy of it, on dvd or whatnot?

The three Parkinson interviews with Ali were on UKTV G2 over Christmas. I recorded them onto DVD. I'll copy them for you if you want. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Distributing copy right goods are you?

John

Advertisement