Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question on .gif images ?

Options
  • 29-01-2005 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I have a gif image here with a series of 5 images in it, I want to save the 4th pic in this series, is this possible ?

I just keep on getting the 1st pic..... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You'll have to open it in an animated gif editing proggy. Photoshop doesn't support it.
    I think ImageReady does though, not definate though.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Jasc's Animation Shop also does the trick; you will need a program that is intended for working with animated images as opposed to single frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

You could also try: viewing the .gif image in a browser, waiting for the image you want to appear, taking a screenshot and cropping it in photoshop or paint...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Macromedia Fireworks will do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Thanks guys, I don't have any of those programs but a mate told me to try this www.irfanview.com .

I have it d/l'ed so I'm just tring to figure it out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

you don't need to download anything to take a screenshot... :confused:

and paint is standard with windows :confused::confused:

/shrugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

But depending on the gif you may need uber reaction skills! :p

Advertisement