Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2004 The Stupid Version Tonight

• 29-01-2005 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick heads up for a great "review" of 2004 on BBC 2 at 00.05am (just gone midnight!)
    Armando Iannucci presents a cut-up and repasted version of the past year, with comic contributions from the likes of Stewert Lee, Adam Buxton and Simon Munnery. Features elephants breaking into the House of Commons, an Al Qaida ideas meeting, George Bush driving over a tramp, top Tory politicians favourite swear words and a bloody massacre on the set of a makeover show.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Was Alan Partridge the last thing Armando Iannucci had his hand in? Stop giggling at the back. This thing sounds a bit the Day Today, should be pretty excellent. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Was Alan Partridge the last thing Armando Iannucci had his hand in? Stop giggling at the back. This thing sounds a bit the Day Today, should be pretty excellent. :D

He had his own show on channel 4 last year, it was deadly, had this cool sketch with bricktop from snatch threatening and abusing broken inanimate objects until they started working again. great tv, this looks deadly too, thanks for the headsup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i shall be legging it home from work at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

OMG! A program not presented by Jimmy Carr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I thought this was quite good. I especially enjoyed the 'chopped up political speeches towards the end. Nothing new in themselves of course (Simpsons had one about ten years ago) but they were still pant-wettingly funny.

George W Bush '9-11 ....9-11 ....9-11 ....9-11 ....9-11 ....Saddam.....Saddam.....Saddam.....Terror........Terror........Terror........'

Michael Howard 'I am a / fu / king / tw / at'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

excellent. i missed the first 10 minutes
    is it being repeated anytime or was that the repeat seeing as BBC 3 was on the end of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

Spacedog wrote:
    He had his own show on channel 4 last year, it was deadly, had this cool sketch with bricktop from snatch threatening and abusing broken inanimate objects until they started working again. great tv, this looks deadly too, thanks for the headsup.
    i met some people from c4 last month and i was telling them to get with the get and get 'the armando iannucci shows' (that was that programme i think) out on dvd. they said they think there was some dispute over the rights. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

i met some people from c4 last month and i was telling them to get with the get and get 'the armando iannucci shows' (that was that programme i think) out on dvd. they said they think there was some dispute over the rights. :(
    Q. Will we ever see The Armando Iannucci Shows or Clinton: His Struggle with Dirt on DVD?

I'm hoping to. It's my New Year's Resolution. Trouble is, I used a lot of commercial music on it, which is fine for telly, but suicidal for DVDs because of the rights you have to pay.

I'm looking at ways of remixing them so we can use alternative music. But I've been amazed by the campaign brewed on the internet to get them released. It's been very heartening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/iannucci/

As you can see from my sig I believe Armando Iannucci is a comedy God-genius (like Chris Morris)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

pork99 wrote:

thanks for the link
    “Ten years ago, we'd just throw old cake and bits of glass at the mentally ill whenever they walked by down below, but now you’re not allowed to do it. It’s just political correctness gone mad.”
    “I work on my own from home, which is OK, though last week I sexually harassed myself.”

:D Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

pork99 wrote:
    I believe Armando Iannucci is a comedy God-genius (like Chris Morris)

True, though 2004: TSV was glorious proof that, unlike Chris, he hasn't disappeared up his own arse. You go Armie. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

off screen voice: "could you say that 2004 was a good year for music"
    psudo celeb: "well not really, I mean there hasn't really been anythin..."
    psudo celeb: "oh yeah, there was some good music in 2004, there was..."
    psudo celeb: "2004 was a good year for music"
    off screen voice: "thanks"

ROFL!

The bit with the Osma Bin Laiden tape with the flames and all was classic! :)

Advertisement