Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unwanted phonecalls - telling me i've won a prize

• 29-01-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting phonecalls from
    Kevin O'Brien On-line Competition Services?

I've had 5 this morning (had about 10 over the weekend 2 weeks ago) saying that I've won holiday, BMW, plasma TV, blahblahblah......

all i have to do to claim my prize in send a stamped address envelope to some UK PO box or phone a 1580 number at €2.40 a minute.

They are coming straight into my message minder service and you can't disconnect them and his fookin message lasts about 3 minutes. It's driving me nuts.

i rang Eircom - not their prob - according to customer service and they gave me the number of their nuisance callers service (only operates mon-fri 8-5, great help!)

any suggestions
    anyone know who i can complain to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

have the same problem myself, 4 calls this morning that ive picked up and im beginning to lose my temper over it there seems to be nothing to do about it on a weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Just got on the phone to Eircom again, after my 12th call from this shower.

Seemingly there are quite a few people being bombarded at the moment.
    At least this time the operator took my name,number and complaint.

1901 is the number to call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eircom have a nuisance calls bureau. You should also complain to ComReg on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Just went onto CoReg site (thanks for the pointer) and in their FAQ's found the following

Fixed Line
    What can I do if I have received an unsolicited contact (e.g. phone call, text message, fax or email)?
    Individual consumers who have received a marketing text, fax or e-mail message, and have not consented to receiving it, nor are they a customer of the sender, can make a complaint to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (ODPC). If you have received a marketing phone call and have previously objected to receiving such calls, you may also complain to the ODPC. If you are a business consumer and have received fax, phone, e-mail or text direct marketing messages, and have previously objected to receiving such communications, then you can also complain to the ODPC.
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/home_phone/faqs.asp?FCID=1&FID=112

So they'll be getting an e-mail from me now

up to call 15 of the morning from Mr O'Brien....... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Is the caller's number showing on caller id?

You could try costing them time/money by dragging out the call endlessly, i.e. 'Hold on for a minute, there is someone at the door, I'll be back to you in a sec' - see how long they'll hold on for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is it a pre recorderd or a real person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0129/phonecalls.html

Pre-recorded, and from the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I heard this on the radio.I also got this call there annoying and now there banned according to the radio station. :)

Advertisement