Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reid to Saints!

• 29-01-2005 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Andy Reid to join Southampton on Monday.

£4 million + Brett Ormerod and Darren Kenton.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

where'd ya get this from? having watched them on BBC today, they could use a decent winger to put balls into the box for Crouch and that kid Jones looks very good in the air.

Id expect Harry to have Southampton back in the top ten next year.

My worry would be where they are gonna get the money to buy reid. Do they have that kinda cash left from Beatties sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Read on a Forest forum that Redknapp has just denied the move on the radio, saying Reid is going to another Premiership club?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sky Sports News and the Notts Forest website.

Notts Forest

Who? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

It seems as if hes is going to Southampton according to Jeff Stelling and pals. If hes does I hope he can help Harry keep Southampton up.

• Advertisement

Harry2001 wrote:
    Who? :D

Nottm Forest.

Pedant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Spurs now know how much they need to pay for him and I can see them putting a bid in.

Harry2001 wrote:
    Read on a Forest forum that Redknapp has just denied the move on the radio, saying Reid is going to another Premiership club?????????
    Redknapp: “The chairman [Rupert Lowe] has agreed terms with Nottingham Forest, but I don’t think the lad will be coming here. I think Tottenham will be interested, and he will end up there.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The BBC website seems to think its a done deal, although Reid has yet to agree terms. Would be a great signing for us, provided we stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

does no one else think 4million is crazy money?!

• Advertisement

does no one else think 4million is crazy money?!

I do, as I've said on the various threads this has been discussed recently.

Forest are in the bottom 3 of the Championship, if they go down this Summer Reid would be available for a mirror and some shiny beads!

eirebhoy will disagree with both of us by the way... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

This is the first i've heard of it. And i'm shocked. Forest saying its a done deal and its down to Andy but Rednapp saying he will join Spurs but Forest saying they have only accpeted Saints bid......weird.

i dont know if its a good move for him, moving from the bottom 3 in Division 1 to bottom 3 in Premiership but Harry has brought some good players and i think he has a good chance of keeping them up.

I guess we will know my Monday where Andy will be playing.

Sky Sports News claim Spurs have made a double bid for Reid and England U21 defender Michael Dawson. Things are getting very confusing, I have NO idea how this will work out.

Seriously doubt he'll end up at Southampton if spurs make/have made another bid for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Seriously doubt he'll end up at Southampton if spurs make/have made another bid for him.

Apparently there are roumers of southampton paying for reid and then laoning him to spurs for the rest of the season and THEN in the summer suprs buying for money + Davenport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The Star (or one of those) are claiming he's gone to Spurs. They managed to outbid the Saints last night apparently.

Haven't seen anything too definite today.

Its all sounding very fishy.

Apparently, the Southampton offer was in the region of £3 million + Ormerod and Kenton, which Forest have valued at £4 million. Spurs meanwhile have had a £4 million offer knocked back? I can see how Megson would want to get a few players in to bolster his squad, but with Forest staring relegation in the face, they're gonna have to cut costs again in the summer, so taking two Saints cast-offs now probably ain't a very smart course of action.

I've a feeling Forest are just trying to get Spurs to up their bid for Reid in the hope that they'll get a few more £, I can't really see anyone choosing to go to Forest from Spurs as part of a players + £ deal (would you?)

Tomorrow will be a very hectic 24 hours for Spurs, my sources tell me we are still in looking to sign "a big name" before the window closes... :eek: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Tomorrow will be a very hectic 24 hours for Spurs, my sources tell me we are still in looking to sign "a big name" before the window closes... :eek: ;)

these wouldnt be sites like topspurs with a man going by the name of the director?!!

its a load of cack anyway. no one gets wind of any transfers from spurs before they are completed. The onl its gets out is through agents and players themselves.

personally i think wright phillips, reid and dawson will all sign tomorrow with jj and bunje leaving on loan and keane goin to manc city,

but thats my guess. people really dont understand the amount of cash spurs have to spend. we have the second richest man in english football at the helm.

sikes wrote:
    these wouldnt be sites like topspurs with a man going by the name of the director?!!

Thats the one!

Ah, what an entertaining week I've had waiting on news from The Director, and watching the place explode in fury between the believers and the infidels... ;)

Think we'll get Reid and Dawson, but no SWP. Don't have that sort of money

Pennant in the Summer if he avoids the slammer, and probably Routledge as well.

i really dont want pennant!!

its gone very quiet today about dawson and reid. also no news about snjeider and van der vaat but i dont think we are in for them it was just a passing remark for jol.

there is no doubt that we need wingers reid and routledge fit into that build. come 5 oclock tomorrow think we will have at least 2 more players on our increasing and worrying wage bill!!

• Advertisement

Latest "news" from one of the Forest sites
    Spurs will announce the double signing of Dawson and Reid Monday lunchtime after terms were agreed this evening.

Forest have accepted £5.8m for the two players......Reid £3.6m,Dawson £2.2m

I suppose we'll all know by 5pm tomorrow

Harry, any link for that site? Just want to see how reliable it is. :)

It's a good source of news usually Eirebhoy, not sure on the truth of this post though, hope it's true as this has dragged on a bit :D

http://www.trentend.com/index.php?module=talkback&file=viewtopic.php&t=2737

thats absolte crap...forest are very fast to confirm things on their own site and will take longer to agree terms

i also think that at least 1 or 2 players will be part of any deal as megson needs replacements

Seaneh wrote:
    Apparently there are roumers of southampton paying for reid and then laoning him to spurs for the rest of the season and THEN in the summer suprs buying for money + Davenport.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If that were to happen, would I be right in guessing that Reid would never play for the Saints? Or am I not reading your post properly?

sikes wrote:

i also think that at least 1 or 2 players will be part of any deal as megson needs replacements

But who sikes? Who?

Can't see Richards or Ricketts signing for League 1 football next year, unless they only went on a 6 month contract.

Marney? Yeates? Ifil?

Wouldn't mind seeing Atouba go in fairness...

well richards aint going anywhere he just picking up his hefty cheque every week..

some players who cant cut it...i am shure they have someone in mind..think jackson should go and maybe ifill.

or else we could agree to give them a few loans for the next few season...every 6 months they pick a player from a list...sort of what we did with swindon

I hope Forest just hold out for cash, we have enough useless ***** at the club without having to take Spurs rejects as part of the deal

SSN saying Forest are considering a £8m joint bid for Reid and Dawson right now

• Advertisement

excellent news

not sure how much it is as it doesnt mention it on the forest site. doubt very much that it is 8mil for both...thats prob the max it can reach depending on goals/apparences/cl qualification and the like

nice to see another irish man in the prem and even better at spurs!!!

sikes wrote:
    excellent news

not sure how much it is as it doesnt mention it on the forest site. doubt very much that it is 8mil for both...thats prob the max it can reach depending on goals/apparences/cl qualification and the like

nice to see another irish man in the prem and even better at spurs!!!

Yep, lots of discussion on the forest forums that this deal is probably littered with clauses, will be interesting to see how much we actually get upfront

Spurs have got two very good players :(

sikes wrote:
    not sure how much it is as it doesnt mention it on the forest site...
    it says 8m in the link above to the forest site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Sad to see our two best players (by a mile) leave, but 8 million will go along way to keep forest ticking if we stay up and at the end of the day we need scrappers and Reid and Dawson are a little too classy.

Spurs have em both, although I would wonder how Dawson will do in the medical.

Assuming its around 4.5 million for Reid, 3.5 million will turn out to be a steal for Dawson if he fulfills his potential.

Advertisement