Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FianlFantasy 11

• 29-01-2005 3:47pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

SOrry if it's been posted here before, but I was wondering is FF XI worth geting, is it anygood? I heard you have to pay to use it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Yes, it's worth getting.

Yes, it's good.

Yes, like most MMORPG's, you have to pay a subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

popinfresh wrote:
    SOrry if it's been posted here before, but I was wondering is FF XI worth geting, is it anygood? I heard you have to pay to use it..

FFXI lacks any sort of PvP, without which to me ANY MMORPG game is hollow.

If you are really looking to try out your first MMORPG, I highly reccomend wow as its VERY new player and casual player friendly. PvP is already in the game and its only a matter of time before battlegrounds are added.

Oh and whatever you do, stay away from Evercrap 2 (Everquest 2), and boring wars galaxies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Memnoch wrote:

If you are really looking to try out your first MMORPG, I highly reccomend wow as its VERY new player and casual player friendly. PvP is already in the game and its only a matter of time before battlegrounds are added.

Oh and whatever you do, stay away from Evercrap 2 (Everquest 2), and boring wars galaxies.

Not true... FFXI has an opt-in PvP combat game called Ballista - a regular event that pits characters from different countries against each other in teams... both capped and uncapped versions are available to make it fair on lower level players...

WoW isn't released in europe yet, and from the questions in the original post I doubt the poster has snagged himself a beta account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Memnoch wrote:
    Yeha but the graphics are ugly in WoW :) There's no real point to PvP in MMORPG in my opinion unless you go hardcore PVP from day one and pick the best class for it like Memnoch. Then after that whoever has the most time to get all the resources together to farm or purchase the best gear will almost always win if they are both know how to play the game. FF11 actually has a lot of content though it might not appeal to everyone. You can always give it a try for a month (first month is free) and change to WoW if you don't like it.

Advertisement