Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Or Air....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

id say get a thermalright xp90 or 120 if your board supports it and slap one hell of a fan on it...will be just as good as that watercooling kit i reckon as watercooling "kits" aint much better than the best air coolers...like the thermalright stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I agree with Viper. Remember, the best watercooling kit are worst than the best aircooling. Get a XP-90 and slap a vantec tornado or panaflo fan. If noise bother you, get a fan controller. The fan should be at least 50 CFM but people seem to report 60CFM is the sweetspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Want to take the Asus star ice challenge? I have one sitting around ;)

Don't bother with the gigabyte cooler, it won't be up to the job when you start cranking up the volts. Get an xp-120 if you can or an xp-90 if you can't if you go for air cooling. I'm using the xp-90 atm and it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The gigabyte is useless... I had one and the contact with the cpu is crap, not half as tight as it should be. Watercooling is quite and can work quite well but it costs... for €94 id go for air. I spent €250 on my old WC setup(back in the days when id money)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Thanks for the advice...
    I'm looking at the xp 120 now? On Komplett? It says "without fan"... Oh and it means 120mm fan on top... interesting? Can I put any fan on top that happens to be 120mm?? Hmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

check the thermalright website, make sure its compatable with ur mobo n it also has a list of compatable fans...

Was just there and it says I have to remove my plastic backplate... My Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 has one built on and they need me to take it of to replace it with a metal one... hmmm... The effort!!!!! Anyway I shall have to look into it... Thanks all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭SpooN_9k

ya be carefull about the xp-120...its big and doesnt fit alot of boards, performance wise its not a huge improvment over the xp-90 anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I wouldnt go with the XP-120. Even with XP-90 I think that the heatsink is huge. Besides, the XP-120 is only 1-2C cooler than the XP-90.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

You should be able to use the backplate that is already in place? I thought the additional backplate provided was just for motherboards with no backplate?

• Advertisement

Thermalright said that my board has a plastic backplate and that it needs replacin? Has anyone else got my mobo and tried to put a xp-90/xp-120 on it??

Advertisement