Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Oscar Pool - Prediction link

• 29-01-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Hows about a little competition. I've created an Oscar Pool at the link below. Simply go there and make your predicitions... Use your boards.ie name at the bottom. Person with most predictions correct shall be the winner and a prize will be... well I don't know, fame and fortune.

I'd suggest when you put in your predicitions to get a copy of your entry sent to you for your own record.

Here's the link

http://www.defectiveyeti.com/oscars/?5940843808

Get voting!!!

You can create your own Oscars Pool at

http://www.defectiveyeti.com/oscars/

So you can set one up for a group of your own and everyone can pay a fiver for a winner takes all sweepstakes...

Note to mods: Can this be made a sticky please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Very nice work alleepally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I didn't make the site or anything. Sorry if I gave that impression, it was just a link sent on to me and thought it would be good to have something going on boards.ie as well

alleepally wrote:
    I didn't make the site or anything. Sorry if I gave that impression, it was just a link sent on to me and thought it would be good to have something going on boards.ie as well
    Ah right.. i meant nice work setting it up for us.

You left out a few categories.. such as 'Best Documentary' (i think 'Super Size Me' should win that anyways)

Sent you my votes! Am regretting one or two of them now after further thoughts on the subject.. but they'll do!

basquille wrote:
    Ah right.. i meant nice work setting it up for us.

You left out a few categories.. such as 'Best Documentary' (i think 'Super Size Me' should win that anyways)

Sent you my votes! Am regretting one or two of them now after further thoughts on the subject.. but they'll do!

I put in the best documentary now but I left out some of the categories as it would take so long to then compile the results.

If you want to put through your predictions again with the documentary fire ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

So, how did it fare out for everybody?

• Advertisement

Only just had a chance to compile the entries. Wasn't a big entry list (only 8 in fact!). There were 14 categories to predict.

1st Basquille and Cat with 8 correct
    2nd MichaelHoran, Dave and RobertFoster all with 6 correct
    3rd NoelRock and Alleepally with 5 correct
    4th Mr Beanbag

Some stats

Most people (5 out of 8) predicted Scorcese would be passed over again.
    Only 1 person predicted best documentary (Mr. Beanbag)
    Only 1 person predicted best song (Cat)
    Only 1 predicted Supporting Actor (Basquille) - top marks for seeing that one coming!
    Only 1 predicted Supporting Actress (MichaelHoran)

Basquille and Cat I will PM you both ..I need your addresses as you have both won a special limited edition (only 2 will ever be produced) Boards.ie/Oscars prediction pool mousemat which I will design and send to you !!

Thanks for entering. Pity the number of entries was so low but sure 'twas fun anyway!

Cheers alleepally.

Enjoyed the Oscar Pool.. same time, next year but i hope we get a few more participants!

Thanks again... and can't wait to get a hold of a shiny new mouse-mat! :D

Advertisement