Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Ringtone adds should be banned off tv?

Options
  • 29-01-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.Feel free to bin or lock.

Feel free to post oppinons :)

Do you think they should be banned? 57 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    80% 46 votes
    Dont know
    17% 10 votes
    Dont Care
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

why should they, there not scams just really exspensive.
    i heard about those sex text things at 2euro a sms. more than likely its just some fat bird ironing the kids uniform and watching corrie while texting someone about how much of a stud they are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yes i know.But since the crazy frog incident parents are keeping their children away from the tv. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What's so wrong with that crazy frog? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yep they're such a scam and sooo annoying to listen to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

While they are certainly annoying to myself, certain people appreciate the perfectly legal service they offer and as such, should not be banned...

Have you actually though of the implications of trying to bad such advertisements? It would be nearly impossible..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

if not banned, there should be less of them its mad the amount of them taking up our precious commercial breaks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Maybe not a full a ban but atleast limit the amount of adds they can show in one break. On some stations they are repeating the adds 2-3 times in a single break. It is a bit excessive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

it would be illegal you can't say to a company you can't have more than 2 ringtone ads and to another car company you can have as many ads as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh i heard that sound was taken from the internet also.
    Ok you have to admit it was someway funny when it came out but now its so repetitive and annoying.
    And also that crazy frog was supposed to be dumped from irish tv because of revealing parts of the body that children didnt like.Furious parents are upset by this matter.
    What i mean is that there on channels every few minutes and that there getting people annoyed and furious.I meant no harm by this and its just peoples oppinon nothing else.
    Personally i dislike them because they drain your credit even if you get the tone/wallpaper/game etc or not.They dont leave a unsub number so you have to ring the helpline which cost roughy the same price per min to stop the subcription.
    Hope i made this clearer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

(I hate that bastard frog)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The guy who created crazy frog did not make €10 million. The ringtone company (jamster or jippi or some such bollocks) did. He got a small cut of it. There was an article about it on some BBC website last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 beaver2009

Google search for insanity test and you'll findsites that have had it for several years.If you like it than record it of the computer; don't encourage and makers by handing over you money.
    Btw, did anyone ever notice that they change their name every week?Do they keep getting bad reputations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

While I really hate those ads but admit you cant ban something just cause you dont like it, what I really dont get is who the hell is paying such prices for this crap? If only I'd thought of selling such awful crap at such a price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I think it's all of the kids that got mobiles for Christmas and Mammy and Daddy are supplying the credit

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

Check out this link explains the whole crazy fog story just to clear up any of the rumours http://www.stevemanley.com/annoying/about.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

that frog pisses me off so much i want it shot...please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

They are bloody annoying but people want them and pay for their services. They should however be more upfront with their pricing. RegTel have brought out new rules that state these providers must indicate that the service is subscription or not.

Anyway, aparently its made over Stg£10 million!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4210407.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The new one is a chicken called sweety tweety I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

does anyone know where i can get Bob The Builder ring tone for my 6630, my 9 1/2 month old little fella loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I think I heard there's some new European legislation coming in that severely limits the amount of advertising organisations can direct towards children. Anybody to confirm this? And in fairness, these crazy frog / cute chicken thing adverts surely are mostly targeting teenage girls? aka children? so I'm hoping their days are numbered. Although these things are advertised by legitimate companies, and its technically not a scam, it is a little exploitative of the fact that high technology is now in the hands of youngsters. Kids don't read the ingredients on the back of Sherbert Dip, so they hardly read the small print that goes with these Frog ads. Just backs up my theory that kids shouldn't have phones anyway (its not always the corporations responsibility!). Maybe until they're 17 or something. Give them talkie walkies and tell em to go nuts with those, they're great fun.

Whats really getting my goat is that new "Live a Muller Life" campaign by Muller Yougurts. Jesus that thing gets played TWICE in every ad break at the moment. Ruining an otherwise good song by having it on ALL THE TIME...

Sorry for changing the topic ever so slightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

sorry if it's has been posted already

death of crazyfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

No more ringtone ads! i really hate when they play it twice in the same break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

or twice in a row!

Advertisement