Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this be safe?

• 29-01-2005 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Simple question.. How safe is it to eat raw pigs brain? If not why not?
    I'm having trouble googling this one and my biology knowledge has some gaps here. I know it is fairly safe to eat a raw steak, whereas raw sausages are a no no as they can contain intestinal tracts etc. thus some unsafe micro-organisms. Raw chicken (and eggs nowadays) is a no-no almost entirely because of salmonella. I'm not sure about raw pork. Bar some form of cjd I can't see any reason why not? Pigs heads are available in butchers, sheeps heads are not (scabies?).

EDIT: I've heard of an eastern delicacy where a live monkey is decapitated infront of you and it's brains are then eaten directly from the skull cap. Or is this a myth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Uh, is there any particular reason you want to eat raw pig brain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

It's part of my religion..

I jest.

Friends and I are attempting to upstage a certain very popular gross-eating competition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

what ever your into to but your might get a taste for it and what next human brain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

mmmm.....brains......

i dunno about raw pigs brain, but i've had cooked cow's brain.

it tasted okay, but nothing i'd want to try again in a hurry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Did you get smarter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

mmm...

i need to check my smartness level records before and after ...

they're here somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

is there a risk of tricinella or some tapeworm from doing this? i wouldnt risk it.

Had a look up on trichinella.. seems I'll now be cooking the pigs head. 25mins to the pound oughta do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Monkey brains? Surely only in Indiana Jones films????

• Advertisement
Advertisement