Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Problem.

• 30-01-2005 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Hi ... where do i start ... :mad:

Have eircom broadband and the usual netopia 3300 (2 of them actually). My p.c is connected to it by usb ... so i can have another p.c connected to it by ethernet. Except it wont work! This comp is working fine. The other one however wont connect to the net. All the lights come on on the modem that should. Eircom tech support havnt got a clue - they sent me out a new modem because they though the one i had was bust. Have had both pcs checked for faulty network cards and they are not. I have even tried just using internet connection sharing - wont work either. I have run the wizard on both computers ... followed all guides exactly and it wont work. I have tried 3 different cat5e cables, 2 of which i am 100% sure work. Theres a loooong story to go with this but i dont want to torture you's with it. Whats the best way to get both of these computers onto the broadband? If i have to buy another modem/router then i will ... prefer to get it in my local shop so if you can suggest something that might work instead of linking then can you just explain what i need?

Thanks ... sorry for the long post :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

.....connecting just the one pc via ethernet (after rebooting everything) to see if it works?

could be that you can only use the modem on either usb or ethernet - not both together ?

if so you will have to buy a separate router to connect to your modem & then ethernet to both pc's from the router

Advertisement