Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another one...DSL modem as gateway

Options
  • 30-01-2005 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

D-Link DSL-302G

Can get this working as DSL modem direct but not as a Gateway with my wifi equipement...

Anyone tried this with a D-Link DSL-302G...had to buy this as it came with the broadband package here in NZ.

Thanks a million...I tried this question on various NZ boards but I must admit that this website still has the best responses from any boards style web site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I had started to respond by telling you that you can't set a modem as a gateway and that you need to set up Internet connection sharing on your PC and set that PC as the gateway.

Perhaps this is what you need to know but, on re-reading your question, I'm more confused then ever.

What machines are on your network? How are they connected? How are you connecting the WiFi to the wired machines? To what machine is the D-Link DSL-302G connected? How are you trying to set the gateway?

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

Sorry if I caused confusion.

The following configuration works
    - Laptop-(Lan)-ADSL-(WAN)-ISP-INTERNET

The following configuration worked when I was in Ireland with (Got it working with help of boards.ie) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176027

- Laptop-Wifi-ADSL-ISP-Internet

However the gateway option on the D-Link is not the most intuitive and I cannot get it working.

All the settings etc. are as per above link.

Advertisement