Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3 At E3

Options
  • 30-01-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭

Sony has cryptically announced that the Playstation 3 will be in playable form at E3 in May, although it is uncertain whether there any actual titles will be present, or just tech demos. Additionally, Sony will make an announcement about the system at the end of March.
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/583/583075p1.html

Can't wait to see it. Wouldn't mind going to E3 this year. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Looks like a JPN launch is likely by the end of the year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It looks as if the same goes for the Xbox 2 - a US launch anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

So whats the lo-down on it then, (price range, ability?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

It sucks that the publics not allowed.
    But I can't wait.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Illuvatar wrote:
    It sucks that the publics not allowed.
    But I can't wait.

No it doesn’t, merging the smaller UK expo as public/trade in September is all well and good. But E3 is mad, crowded, and loud, enough without anymore* of the public getting in.

* it’s quite easy for anyone who really wants to get in to do so
    fitzer666 wrote:
    So whats the lo-down on it then, (price range, ability?)

There are no (official) details about such, and there most likely won’t be any until at least SCE's pre-E3 press - event which normally takes place on the Tuesday of E3 week, which is the 17 of May this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I hope they do something with the controller next gen. If we're going to be getting more FPS console games next gen then decent analogue sticks would be a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i don't think the ps3 controller will be radically different to the current models. however, with the rise of console-based fps games, i can bet big money on GOOD keyboard/mouse setups coming out as peripherals... none of this logitech ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

i don't think the ps3 controller will be radically different to the current models. however, with the rise of console-based fps games, i can bet big money on GOOD keyboard/mouse setups coming out as peripherals... none of this logitech ****e
    Yeah!! have to have a keyboard and a mouse to play fps games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

id be up for that

the only reason i despise EVERY fps EVER on ANY console..is because the controllers are just wrong..analogs seriously suck for aiming and moving around..terrible!..the ps2 pad is perfect just the way it is i wouldnt like to see any changes for ps3..but yeh id like to see a nice keyboard/mouse set up instead of em cocking the pads up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hopefully the new consoles have VGA out as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I think DVI or HDMI will be the way there going in the next gen.

Advertisement