Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of BB trial - what should I do next?

• 30-01-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,329 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just coming to the end of my 2 month Eircom BB trial and I've found that without going totally mad downloading stuff I've still ended up right at the 4gb download limit each month. I had been hoping that NTL would have come to my part of Dublin 15 by now, but having been on to them they can't/won't give any definite timeframe for that. As far as I can make out I have three options:

1 - Go back to dialup and hope that NTL come my way sooner rather than later
    2 - Move up to Eircom BB home plus at €55 per month
    3 - Switch to IOL BB at €39 per month plus €90 for installation

Obviously the first option is the least attractive, but I'd do it if I could get a definite answer out of NTL. Knowing that ain't gonna happen it's a toss-up between options 2 and 3. I've found Eircom very reliable during the trial but €55 a month seems a bit pricey. Because I've already had Eircom's trial I don't think I can get the IOL trial so I'd just have to sign up for that straight off. I notice that they have a much higher contention rate which obviously could slow things down a bit, but apart from that is there any particular reason why I should choose the Eircom package over IOL?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

iol are the cheapest 42 if u route ur calls through them and 37 if u accept online billing and this is for the plus version with 16 up and 16 down. the 8gb product is even cheaper. service is excellent.

Advertisement