Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transfering Files

• 30-01-2005 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but im wondering how i can move my music which is saved in Media Player,Real Player,etc into my iTunes folder so they can be transfered onto the iPod?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Anyone....... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Where are your files now?
    Why cant you just copy them into your IPod folder for transferring to your Ipod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Saved in media player?? You mean currently played with WMP? Some wma's wont go onto your iPOD, apple like being pr1cks when it comes to cooperating with other companies.
    Use itunes to IMPORT music from folders (prob My Music) and then export to your iPOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

It all depends on what format you files are in.
    If they are MP3 simply go to the file menu in itunes and choose add folder to library and add what you want.
    If they are WMA you have to convert them to MP3 or AAC which can be dones using itunes. Its not a great idea to encode from one file type to another as you are encoding a sub optimal file type so you will loose some quality. It is better to encode direct from CD

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pat the rat

jonny68 wrote:
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum but im wondering how i can move my music which is saved in Media Player,Real Player,etc into my iTunes folder so they can be transfered onto the iPod?
    Recently you have asked us about ripping and transferring CDs.

"Ripping" is the process of converting music from audio CD format to computer format and then storing it on a PC.
    Software is required to do this job. The end result is stored on your computer for listening purposes or for transferring onto a portable jukebox such as HDD120.

The two most common file formats in use are MP3 and WMA, both of which are supported by this product.

MP3 files became popular when people began to download songs from the Internet and there are many free programs which can be downloaded from the internet to rip to MP3. Examples are FreeRipMP3, CDEX , Musicmatch etc.[ A search on the internet will show many more ]
    Typically these programs are downloaded and installed on the PC, and they will allow you to rip the music from the audio CD to a music folder on the PC.

WMA files are similar but have been made popular because current versions of Windows have a rip feature supplied in Windows Media Player. The main difference with WMA files is that they have extra security which can be switched on to prevent further copying, for example to your HDD120 ! Therefore it is important to ensure that copy protection is switched off when ripping WMA files.

The final step in the process is to use Philips DMM software to transfer valid MP3 or WMA files from the music folder on your PC to the HDD120.

• Advertisement
Advertisement