Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Dublin that does multiregion dvd hacking?

Options
  • 30-01-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Pioneer DV-360 dvd player and unfortunately the only way to get it multiregion is through a Palm pocket pc or a special remote control. Is there anywhere in Dublin that will do multi-region hacking like this? I don't know anyone with a Palm pc so this is my only option.

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Thanks for that, but €100 to rent a remote control?? I could buy a new DVD player for that.

What would be great is if there is a company in Dublin I could walk into and they would do a remote hack, for a small fee. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Elessar wrote:
    Thanks for that, but €100 to rent a remote control?? I could buy a new DVD player for that.

What would be great is if there is a company in Dublin I could walk into and they would do a remote hack, for a small fee. Any ideas?

Not in Dublin, but cheaper... :http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/
    Or you can do it with a PC with Irda:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Pioneer+DV-360

I order a Pioneer myself (575) I will get it in one week, it is not a multiregion and I've planned to do it with my Palm... I would not test on your player though but maybe I can help you once I've done mine.

Raphael

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ronoc75

raphaelS wrote:
    I order a Pioneer myself (575) I will get it in one week, it is not a multiregion and I've planned to do it with my Palm... I would not test on your player though but maybe I can help you once I've done mine.
    AFAIK most new Pioneer players are multiregion out of the box, they just can't advertise this. I bought a 575A recently and it was multiregion straight out of the box, so I would check the player with a region 1 DVD before messing around with your palm!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Try DVD Codes for €38 (+ the cost of posting the remote back to the UK)

I would recommend the DVD Chips website posted earlier. I have used them 8 times now and they have been excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Elessar wrote:

This remote will upgrade one player only and will only be shipped within Ireland. Orders will be taken via CCNOW at the price of $100USD with $40 USD refunded to your card when you return the remote within 14 days, the remote becomes useless after the upgrade. This Technique allows us to provide you with a "fitted" auto region upgrade for $60USD (approx €60)

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

I think I'll try DVD chips. €60/100/whatever is a total ripoff.

Thx all.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

raphaelS wrote:
    Not in Dublin, but cheaper... :http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/
    Or you can do it with a PC with Irda:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Pioneer+DV-360

Raphael

I got the player, it wasn't multiregion... it took me 3 minutes to unlock it with my Palm, very easy!

Raphael

Advertisement