Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bands in the Northeast

Options
  • 30-01-2005 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

This is kinda inspired from a message from another boards user. Anyone know any decent bands that play around the northeast that you'd recommend seeing if they were playing nearby?
    I've some friends who live nearby who are in 2 bands - Red Dawn and The Hurricanes. They play loads of metallica and megadeth covers when playing as Red Dawn and do normal rock stuff when playing as The Hurricanes. Not bad for a bunch of lads who are still in secondary school (well, half of them anyway).

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Speedking and Odeum from Blayney. Mad Max from Carrick. Leeway from Dundalk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

What do they play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ive heard Big Generator are good but i havent heard them, see posters around Oldcastle for them though. I believe they are based in Cavan somewhere, not sure though. Anyone help me out?

Ruu wrote:
    Ive heard Big Generator are good but i havent heard them, see posters around Oldcastle for them though. I believe they are based in Cavan somewhere, not sure though. Anyone help me out?
    Yeah, I've seen 'em about 3 - 4 times already, good band especially when they bring on the metallica covers. They usually play Dorans in Athboy once or twice a month afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The Flaws

www.theflaws.com

usually in the spirit store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lord Panic

Speedking - Excellent band, pretty big range, Rage, Metallica, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Zeppelin, The Doors, and their own stuff inspired by the like which is fantastic.

Odiem - Heavy heavy stuff, used to be called High Voltage, then just went down a pure metal road and improved so much since they did, well worth seeing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vindictive_miss

Mecca, from what you said they sound a lot like those red dawn guys you were talking bout, youngish and playin Metallica and megadeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

there's an opportunity to see two of the better north eastern bands on sat.

Delorentos and The Flaws play The Spirit Store on Saturday 26th of Feb.
    doors are at 8... see you there!

www.delorentos.net
    www.theflaws.com
    www.roisindubh.net

Mecca, from what you said they sound a lot like those red dawn guys you were talking bout, youngish and playin Metallica and megadeth

You talking to me? Whats with the mecca moniker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 vindictive_miss

Evilution wrote:
    You talking to me? Whats with the mecca moniker?

Twas the first letters of the band members names made into a word but then two members left so it doesn't really mean much now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Renegades of Orpheus from Slane (Rage, Darkness, Black Sabbath)
    Revolate from Trim (Mock Turtles, Stone Roses, Metallica)
    -Creep, also from Trim (Pantera, Metallica, Rage, Korn, originals)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

There's a Battle of the Bands on in Ashbourne on March 19th and you'll be able to get tickets for it from the school there soon. Quite a few good bands playing...check it out..also Kopek may be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

Leeway...hahahahaha...awful stuff, totallly unoriginal and boring

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Pshhh, there are hardly any good decent bands in the Northeast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Have you heard that there will be a Battle of the Bands in Drogheda next month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

My brothers band, Icarus wept, are good. All original stuff with the odd cover thrown in for good times. They've played a few gigs in Navan ... the Rugby club and the tsunami benefit gig in the Palace. Worth listening to.

MP3s: http://www.internetdj.com/artists.php?op=show&id=29921&genre=66

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 el scorcho

cunning stunts..big generator.........starman.......catch 22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

i find a lot of the bands in the north east are complete trash, but since theres no alternative to them they get loads of credit and everyone seems to think their great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Not really into the whole cover band thing but The Stormers from Dundalk are an absolutely cracking live band.
    Lead singers a lunatic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

best band are bonfire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

All from Dundalk ... all worth checking out... : Sunscarred, Wendimiller, The Gurriers, Leeway and The Stormers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Advertisement