Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloc Party

Options
  • 30-01-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

caught one of their videos on tv today. have to say i am really impressed. do they have an album out and is it any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Very impressive band. Have released 4 singles so far. All really really good. There new one is definitely different to the other releases but just as good. Shows that they aren't just a one trick band. Debut album out on the 31st of this month... Tomorrow. Doing extremely well across the water. Shows coming up in major venues. The band to watch this year me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
    Due for release on 14/02/2005

from Play.com :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's a great album but i have to say their best song is the single little thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

fantastic band, fantastic album. not one single weak track on it. they will be one of the bands of the year most likely....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

was at thegig in whelans last week, class act live, i've heard the album, it's good, i expected more. singles are top. most certainly better than franz f. sound lads too. the support that nigh were red jetson a london band who were very ****ing good too, very mogwai. singer was sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

wild_eyed wrote:
    was at thegig in whelans last week, class act live, i've heard the album, it's good, i expected more. singles are top. most certainly better than franz f. sound lads too. the support that nigh were red jetson a london band who were very ****ing good too, very mogwai. singer was sound.

The Redjetson album New general catelouge is pretty good as well like mogwai altough more mainstream not sure if the album has an Irish release yet though I got it in manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Is it just me or do they sound identical to 'the futureheads'?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

No Irish release for New General Catelogue, but they were selling it at the gig in Whelans....it's a great album

DArcy wrote:
    No Irish release for New General Catelogue, but they were selling it at the gig in Whelans....it's a great album

yeah but I was broke then luckally it was easy to get in mancland
    and I dint think they sound like the futerheads that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Me am absolutely gagging for Bloc Party's debut album. I havent heard the album but judging by singles such as ''Little Thoughts'', Helicopter'' and ''So here we are'' I'm sure its gona be one of the albums of the year. Their music is so exciting in my opinion. I'm usually someone who starts getting into bands usually after months after releasing an album but Bloc Party are really the first band in absolute ages who's first album I'm gagging for but which I don't treally know what to expect from it in terms of its sound.

I'm terribly dissapointed that I wasn't able to get a ticket for their gig at Whelan's (make sure I visit mcd.ie everyday from now on!) Anyways Bloc Party are going to be one of the bands of 2005 and they are going to be frickin' huge! :D

• Advertisement

i got some of their songs from a magic place tonight and all i can say is cant ****ing wait to get the album

Would you like to state where this magic place is because February 18th is a long long way away and I'm gonna explode with anticipation very shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

It's been leaked for quite a while now I thought ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

They're on TRL on MTV tonight. Happy faces, people, it had to happen sooner or later.

They're on TRL on MTV tonight. Happy faces, people, it had to happen sooner or later.

Oh no! They're beginning to sell out already and they haven't even released their first album!

i think they'll be miming too! I just don't wanna hear those screams on cue *shiver*. TRL is such a poor excuse for a television programme.

teaches me for not looking at boards today

is there a repeat of TRL anytime?

They were only talking to Alex Zane and some female presenter. No song was played. (as far as i know) It wasn't worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

They didn't play on TRL...it showed a bit of their video, & to be honest, the 2 lads looked like they were hating every minute of it.....looking at their watches n such :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Dear lord they are glorious...... I can't stop playing the album ( check my audio scrobbler for proof ) its soooooooooooo good.....

Little thoughts definately isn't their best track.... although the singles are good the album is a level higher... "Like eating glass" " helicopters" and " Price of gas " are my favourites at the mo.

If anyone can get your hands on the the live session son LAMACQ .....

Futureheads they sound a bit like, but futureheads are way more fun and easy-going .... Bloc party are way more edgy....

And finally you slow pokes are hearing Redjetson........ Fookin' class band...... album isn't being released here and there are no direct plans too, although i've heard their distribution could quite easily carry it over the water... so i've been told. check out their website for the tour pics and such and Jed Shepards "visual review" they say he's the greatest music writer of our time and he's also the best music review drawer too :D

*sigh*

• Advertisement

I heard 'Like Eating Glass' today ... wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well helicopter and banquet are the best on the album, for me anyways.

little thoughts is their best non-album song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I heard 'Like Eating Glass' today ... wow!

Would have been an apt title for the album.

I recieved the Bloc Par-tae album today a nice 9 days befroe release today (thank you cd wow) and all I can say ... well WOW!

Well worth the investment of 13 yo yo 99 cents.

finally got the album
    the free dvd is pretty nifty too even if it is short

15 quid also (from a shop :eek: )
    most excellent

Mossy Monk wrote:
    finally got the album
    the free dvd is pretty nifty too even if it is short

15 quid also (from a shop :eek: )
    most excellent

What exactly is on the DVD? I got the version without a DVD.

just 4 videos each showing a live performance

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=CD&title=581957 will explain better than i will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Is it just me or do they sound identical to 'the futureheads'?

I don't think they sound anything like The Futureheads!!
    I must be missing something but I don't think the album is anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Got a copy of this album...... biggest let down after all the hype.
    I just think they're this months new flavour.

However, I think Kasabian have much more going for them.
    That album blew me away after the first listen.

just my view...

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:
    Got a copy of this album...... biggest let down after all the hype.
    I just think they're this months new flavour.

However, I think Kasabian have much more going for them.
    That album blew me away after the first listen.

just my view...

Kasabian are dredful watered down extrmnatr era primal scream

Advertisement